PDA

View Full Version : Packs Supermarkets and larger plants in Canada

Peter_1
21-08-2006, 09:36 PM
What brand of packs are used in supermarkets, slaughterhouses in Canada?
Or are they mainly self constructed?
What compressors are most used? Suppose it's Copeland (Emerson) and is Bitzer sometimes used or is this compressor to expensive compared to the US based manufacturers?

Peter_1
23-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Perhaps I should ask it in another way: if a pack (100 to 750 kW) has to be purchased, where can you buy those in Canada?
Are they OEM made or do you have to chose out of a standard range?

Taf
10-09-2006, 06:51 PM
This my first post, so here goes!!

I know Canadian rep for major north american cabinet manufacturer (Hill Pheonix) who usually supply the cabinets and racks as a package. If you still need info let me know and I will try to get you in touch.

Cheers

Taf

Peter_1
10-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Taf.
See that this is a US manufacturer supplying to Canada. Is there no packs manufacturer in North America?

Noticed in the brochure of their packs that they make all the connection of the displays at the packs itselves. So they don't install a common suction and liquid line and eventually a 3th discharge line for hotgas defrost.
This gives a lot more copper to install in the store.

It also has of course some advantages but I like more the idea of a common suction and liquid line and not the header in the compressor room.

US Iceman
11-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Hi Peter,

It also has of course some advantages but I like more the idea of a common suction and liquid line and not the header in the compressor room.

Have you been noticing a lot of problems with the headers on the packs? I know you have posted some information before about the header design, but I'm curious to find out if you have seen some continual problems.

Peter_1
11-09-2006, 07:01 AM
We had some problems in the past - not serious - with the steel headers of the Profroid packs which cracked in the welding.

But it looks for me strange - on Hill Phoenix pack - when I see all these valves on the backside of the pack. This seems for me a waste of copper and isolation. Wonder how the cable trays will look when 40 displays have to be connected to a pack like this.

You also will need more refrigerant in this system.

The advantage of this is that the speed in the lines is allways right and that not that much care has to be taken how the lines are installed regarding oil return.

The precautions has to be taken then only in the central suction header behind the pack.

I like more the central lines like in the pictures posted.
While running in partial load with a central line, you almost have no pressure drop across suction and liquid because they're then oversized.