PDA

View Full Version : N.R.V. Question

bernard
19-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi

1 1/8 liquid line leaves drier heading to sub cooler,12 inches from sub cooler is a shut off valve on same line.Either side of shut off valve is 3/8 line with N.R.V. with arrow pointing back to reciever.

Q=Why

Regards Bernard

Peter_1
21-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Q= Why..OK...what's your question anyway?

Andy
21-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi

1 1/8 liquid line leaves drier heading to sub cooler,12 inches from sub cooler is a shut off valve on same line.Either side of shut off valve is 3/8 line with N.R.V. with arrow pointing back to reciever.

Q=Why

Regards Bernard

Some supermarket designers in the UK do this so that you can not trap liquid in pipe sections. Check valves are even fitted around ball valves on the suction side of cases to prevent pressure build up in the evaporator when it is shut off.
In essence you are relying on the check valve to hold or you can't work in the valved off section.

Poor practice if you ask me:confused:

Kind Regards Andy:)

bernard
22-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi Andy

Thanks for your explanation:)

Regards Bernard

Elliza
01-09-2006, 04:18 AM
does anyone can help me?
i just want to know, if i want used hydrocarbon for refrigerant on the manufacturing commpany, what the spesific property that i must calculate before i used it n what the effect on the system in refrigerant it self? because i must to know the characteristic n various of the hydrocarbon it self, so please help me!!
thanks

Andy
01-09-2006, 10:30 AM
does anyone can help me?
i just want to know, if i want used hydrocarbon for refrigerant on the manufacturing commpany, what the spesific property that i must calculate before i used it n what the effect on the system in refrigerant it self? because i must to know the characteristic n various of the hydrocarbon it self, so please help me!!
thanks

Hi Elliza:)

please take a look at the software section of refrigeration engineer. If you download Cool Pack this will give you all the information required.

Elliza
04-09-2006, 04:35 AM
ok thanks for ur information,
i will looking it, n actually i,m not really sure can finished this project!
thanks

Peter_1
04-09-2006, 10:57 AM
does anyone can help me?
thanks

Elliza, I think you have to give us some more information before we can help you.
What is your application?
What are the gasses you're looking for?
What is exactly the problem you're facing now?
And to be honest, I haven't understand the real question I think.
So, give us some more information.

Elliza
05-09-2006, 02:58 PM
this for my final project actually! sorry guys i still college right now n this my final year so u know!

ok first, my final project is about how to change the R-12 with HC? but i must calculate the COP from R-12 and HC, and after that, i must compared from the both,
n until right now i'm still confuse about the HC it self, coz i don't have article about it, woul u help how can i get it? please i'm really needed!
thanks

Peter_1
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Elliza, if I may, what's the name of the course you're following? It seems to me that this is a very general one and that Refrigeration is a part of it.
Am I right?
What's the title of your final project?
How has your teacher described your task and what information has he given you?

Elliza
06-09-2006, 04:51 AM
hi thanks for help me as far!
actually my final project title talk bout analysis HC-12 to change R-12 in refrigerate machine. and my lecture said i must to know first about HC-12 that i want use it! ok my major is mechanical engineering n sorry maybe i can explaned very well becoz my english is not good! so i'm sorry,
so as i know if we uses the R-12, we must recycle first before u throw away! so the alternatif is u must used another refrigerant as a *****! so i uses HC-12! n i want examined the HC-12 n after i have the result, i'm compare it with R-12 refrigerant,
u understand what i mean pet?
thx

Elliza
07-09-2006, 04:52 AM
hi pet!
actually my final project is about analysis the HC-12 to changed the R-12 in refrigerat machine!
n my major is mechanical engineering! please don't laugh coz i know about that major reputision!
my lecture want me to know alot about HC-12 it self, so as far as i know the article about HC-12 is not much so how i must get it that article?
thanks

Andy
07-09-2006, 10:42 PM
hi pet!
actually my final project is about analysis the HC-12 to changed the R-12 in refrigerat machine!
n my major is mechanical engineering! please don't laugh coz i know about that major reputision!
my lecture want me to know alot about HC-12 it self, so as far as i know the article about HC-12 is not much so how i must get it that article?
thanks

Elliza:)
the HC refrigerant you are talking about is Butane, something that is used to cook with:D

Main problem is it is explosive and flamable.

Try searching on the net for Calor Care refrigerants.

US Iceman
08-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Elliza,

Here are some links for HC-12a, which may be helpful to you. These links have the refrigerant properties and Mollier diagrams so that you can compare differences with R-12.

In your comparison I might suggest you examine the mass and volume flow for each refrigerant for a specific cooling load.

That would provide the differences between the two refrigerants besides the most obvious, glide temperatures for HC-12a versus no glide temperature for R-12.

http://www.mpoz.com/refrigerant/hc_12a.htm[/URL]

http://www.oztechnologyinc.com/hc12a.html (http://www.oztechnologyinc.com/hc12a.html)

[URL]http://z-brothershc12a.com/hc12a.htm

Elliza
08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
oh thanks buddy thats very helpping me to find the information about hc-12! thank u very much
@ andy : thanks for ur information, but hey u oh..... thats not funny but i like it, i think u right it can be for cookking! or if i finshed my final project, i could used to cook hahaha

Elliza
17-09-2006, 01:14 PM
hi every body
i need some help guys! i've got some article about HC-12 n this article say : hydrocarbon it is flammable, but is ignition temperature is above 140F what does mean? does anyone knoe that mean?
thanks

Andy
17-09-2006, 08:14 PM
hi every body
i need some help guys! i've got some article about HC-12 n this article say : hydrocarbon it is flammable, but is ignition temperature is above 140F what does mean? does anyone knoe that mean?
thanks

basically means it won't ignite unless you light it with a match or an electrical spark:) Also it would need oxygen to ignite. Kind Regards Andy:)

Elliza
19-09-2006, 04:07 AM
sorry i'm still don't understand pet!
please explanation more clearly n thats very important to me,
thanks

US Iceman
19-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Elliza,

Here is the information from the MSDS sheet you are probably looking at.

Ignition Temperature (Method used: Heated Metal Surface)

1490°F (810°C)

I believe this is for a pure gas in the presence of air. If the metal plate is heated to 1490°F, the gas will ignite.

If the hot metal plate is removed, the flame will extinguish itself.

I think I have that right. Can anyone else confirm this? It's getting late at night here.:o

Andy
20-09-2006, 06:48 PM
sorry i'm still don't understand pet!
please explanation more clearly n thats very important to me,
thanks

refrigerant will only burn if you lite it:)

does not burn in contact with air unless you lite it:)

Elliza
21-09-2006, 04:04 AM
guys do u know how can i get it the article about HC-12a and R-12 properties? coz i really need it to my final project. please.......... im begging u guys
thank u very much