PDA

View Full Version : 8 cyl. Frascold

ConDor
18-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Enyone experienced oil problems with this compressor. Have just got delivered 2 of these. And when starting they run, and sound normal. But after 10 min they start squeeking from the cylinders. Have measured the oil pressure and everything seems ok. Have also disassembly the oil pump, the back bearing and blowing nitrogen everything + the shaft..Everything seems ok. But the oil pressure drops suddenly, and there is not running eny oil thrugh the shaft.

Peter_1
18-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I never used them but is rotation correct ( can oil pump run CW and CCW?),
You're sure the compressor is getting 100% superheated refrigerant?
I should not hesitate if these are new machines, call your wholesaler and he should solve this problem for you.

frank
18-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Is the oil the correct type as recommended by the manufacturer?

ConDor
20-08-2006, 01:13 PM
The oil is the right one (GS4). The compressor dosent have eny rotation arrows, and the pump is a sprocket (dont know the right word), but they work no matter what the rotation is. The superheat is 10 degrees C, across evaporator, and the there is a heat exchanger between suction/ liquid.

Renato RR
21-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Superheat on evaporator outlet reduce to 5C.Also how many delt p you have on oil pump.Does compressor shake?Does it have crankcase heater?Does have oil separator?
Does it have suction acumulator?How many kg of oil did you put in compressor?

Renato

US Iceman
21-08-2006, 02:41 PM
But the oil pressure drops suddenly, and there is not running eny oil thrugh the shaft.

I'm not familar with your compressors, but can offer this comment.

On open drive recip. compressors the oil is usually picked up in the crankcase by a strainer on the oil pump suction line. The actual oil flow through the compressor needs to be studied.

I have heard of several cases where the oil pump would produce pressure at the oil pump itself, but no oil flow to the crankcase.

I believe the problem was due to the shaft seal leaking internally, which relieved all of the oil pressure back to the crankcase, with no oil flow through the crankshaft.

NoNickName
12-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm very much familiar with those compressors, we use hundreds per year.
Squeaking can be caused by two common situations: liquid flooding, but if it shakes, than it is a plate valve leaking.
Recently they had a number of casted iron WIPs not correctly washed out, and so some dirt was trapped. Those small particles were nasty for the valve plates.
If it's an 8 cilinders, than it is either a W70 206 or W80 240, both terribly unreliable.

EDIT: I just see this thread. Sorry for not answering before