PDA

View Full Version : ceiling concealed multi split

SIRROM
18-08-2006, 03:44 PM
silly question ..no doubt ..ive installed a ceiling concealed multi split,both units working and giving cold but the upstairs unit is making less water than the downstairs unit ....does this probably mean that i have lost some gas...the unit is a mcquay c series 15/15...thanks for any help ...sirrom

Argus
18-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Not necessarily.

If there were a deficiency in the gas department, would it not affect both units equally?

________
aromed vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/aromed-vaporizer.html)

frank
18-08-2006, 08:00 PM
The only way to really tell would be to take pressure, temperature and humidity measurements to determine the operating conditions.

A silly question but are both indoor units the same capacity?

A/C student
18-08-2006, 08:28 PM
If the capacity is the same, it could just be a matter of temprature within the ceiling void. Dont forget hot air rises. So the temprature could very well be higher on that floor than in the ground floor ceiling void.

frank
18-08-2006, 08:42 PM
If the capacity is the same, it could just be a matter of temprature within the ceiling void.

Not so.

The amount of water produced relates to the amount of dehumidification achieved. Check it out on a PH chart :)

A/C student
18-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Not so.

The amount of water produced relates to the amount of dehumidification achieved. Check it out on a PH chart :)

Okies I got to be made looking dumb again. But you can see what direction i was coming from. Re - reading what you said, the amount of dehumidification....I was thinking the temprature in the void was boiling off the condensation quicker than it can be produced. Maybe I didnt explain what my point was properly before lol.

Thats what I ment before dude.

DEVIL
19-08-2006, 09:18 AM
whelll it depends dose the unit have 2 separeted piping , compresoor and so on , in the same outdoor unit, or it has one compressor and the same piping in the outdoor unit for bouth indor units, if it 2 separeted piping it could be a gass leckege (but not necesary) otherwhise commone piping, if one unit is loosing gass bouth indor units suffer from it.
But it has other posibilitys, like the downsters room has more acces to the outdor air, so it gets fresh air with humidity, and the upsters room, has no fresh air, wnd with time, the air gets drayer and dryer, and no fresh umidity to drayn from the air, but regarding the cold air going downsters and hot going upsters, it depends if the rooms comunicate, and how muth air can pas from one room to another, because it's true hot air gous up, and cold air gous down, and hot air is holding mor humnidity then cold air

Abby Normal
22-08-2006, 01:47 PM
You need to measure the performance of both systems. Pressures, temps as well as entering/leaving air conditions