PDA

View Full Version : country id

pendlesteve
17-08-2006, 01:40 PM
How about putting the international country id on the main page so that we can look at home first then further afield

WebRam
17-08-2006, 05:02 PM
you need to be more clear on your request

Brian_UK
17-08-2006, 10:56 PM
How about putting the international country id on the main page so that we can look at home first then further afieldSteve, are you suggesting that the forum is split into different country zones?

If so then I'm afraid that you are missing the point of this particular forum; it is not a 'them or us' site.

A problem can be international and is often solved by someone from a different country.

The MG Pony
21-08-2006, 12:16 AM
I think he's talking about the finding work section perhaps?

Brian_UK
21-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I think he's talking about the finding work section perhaps?Could be, but if he is then all he's got to do is click on the UK region.

Lc_shi
29-08-2006, 01:59 AM
I don't think it's necessary to set up country id. It's a UN in refrigeration field:)

Brian_UK
29-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's necessary to set up country id. It's a UN in refrigeration field:)Agree completely ;)

winfred.dela
07-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Country ID is fine. It could be helpful if one wants to find help, work, etc., one can start near home.
Also, before splitting to various zones, quantity of members and guests visiting the site should be considered.

pendlesteve
19-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry folks, firstly for not getting back, I've been in hospital & now trying to catch up at work & home.
Secondly for not making myself clear.
The idea of having a county id shown is so that where help is asked for those that try to help can take into account any regulations required in that country. For example in the UK we have EN378, PED etc like the rest of Europe. But in the UK we have some extra reg's to follow. Lets face it we all like to help but don't want to give the wrong advise which could lead to the person seeking assistance risking prosecution

Brian_UK
20-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Good to see you back Steve, hope that you are on the mend.

pendlesteve
22-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Brian, right as I'll ever be in the fridge trade.:confused:

Altosax
26-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi Steve,

Hope you are on the mend,

Hows the big fella, did he catch anything when he went to see the Kiwis,

BTW, do you know of any good chiller engineers over on the East of England, for Sub Contract work, if so give me a bell, Kind regards PJW ;-)