PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo A/C Units good or bad

puddleboy3
15-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Pricing a maintenance job the now on a few sanyo splits. One of them has a fault but im not sure how to interigate the infra red controller to find out the fault, anyways i dont even have a service manual for the units so the fault code wouldnt be much use to me anyways. Anybody any experiance in these units and any links for service manuals would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers:D

Brian_UK
15-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi Puddleboy

Try this Sanyo site

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/HVAC/

You'll need to click through a few screens but if you click on the model type "view model(s)" you eventually get to the individual model types.

You can then click on a pdf download of the tech manual.

Hope this helps.

frank
18-08-2006, 10:38 PM
And we've just had the fault codes in a previous post.

Good luck.

Makeit go Right
23-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Another alternative source of info, from ESS, http://www.essaircon.com/info_main.htm

Good or bad? My understanding of Sanyo kit is that it is middle range. ie, not as good as Daikin, but equal to Fujitsu/Mitsi, and better than...well certainly better than LG, and the rest in that bottom third catogory.

But the repair & maintenance engineers are the ones who would best comment on that part of your question.

A/C student
23-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I did some minor maintenance on Sanyo systems awhile back, and if I'm correct in remembering, the access to compressor pipe work was a the back not at the front. When i say back, I mean right at the back near the coil, rather than at the front access points like other units. That was on some larger units though not on splits.

puddleboy3
23-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Had to attend a breakdown on a sanyo split system, indoor PCB and indoor fan motor shot. One thing i'll say that was good about the sanyo system was the price of the spare parts. Half the price of Daikin!!!!:rolleyes:

A/C student
23-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Had to attend a breakdown on a sanyo split system, indoor PCB and indoor fan motor shot. One thing i'll say that was good about the sanyo system was the price of the spare parts. Half the price of Daikin!!!!:rolleyes:

I know that even now, older Daikin parts are expensive, but Sanyo are at the lower end of the market in a/c lol Depends what money there is in the job your doing, and whether the customer is willing to pay the right prices :;)

Karl Hofmann
24-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Hmm.. Next time you look at a sanyo cassette, go and have a look at the same sized Toshiba cassette. Spot the similarities. Fitted a lot of sanyo and toshiba and i like them. Had most trouble with LG of course and Mitsi Electric

I would say that Sanyo is very underrated kit

A/C student
24-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Hmm.. Next time you look at a sanyo cassette, go and have a look at the same sized Toshiba cassette. Spot the similarities. Fitted a lot of sanyo and toshiba and i like them. Had most trouble with LG of course and Mitsi Electric

I would say that Sanyo is very underrated kit

Mitsi you say, The company i work for installs alot of the a/c in new Next Clothing Shops, and the a/c is almost always Mitsi, we have yet to have any real problems with them at all.

You Sanyo's underated, you are installing new kit, and many people I'm guessing only work on older kit, which is why they dislike the systems lol

VRVForever
26-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Dont fit anything other than Daikin. Daikin Rules!:) :) :) :)

A/C student
26-08-2006, 10:24 PM

Obviously a Daikin fanatic, I know Daikin are good but your forgetting that not all companys use the same systems all the time. It depends on what your after specificaly. Your needs and cost define what systems you are able to use lol

frank
27-08-2006, 06:38 PM
VRVforever is a sales rep for Daikin - hence the plug for the kit ;)

stresshead
28-08-2006, 04:36 PM

Daikin DO NOT rule!! I've been waiting 3 weeks for an instruction manual. So much for customer service. :mad:

frank
28-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Daikin DO NOT rule!! I've been waiting 3 weeks for an instruction manual. So much for customer service. :mad:

send me a PM with an e-mail and I'll send you a PDF

A/C student
29-08-2006, 09:30 PM
VRVforever is a sales rep for Daikin - hence the plug for the kit ;)

haha I dont need telling that twice lol As If we need telling how good or bad Daikin are. Everyone has a gripe with every different system for one reason or another XD

Makeit go Right
01-09-2006, 04:33 AM
One really odd thing with Daikin UK Ltd is that they have regrouped things to make themselves more efficient (fair enough) but now you have a hell of a job trying to get hold of anyone beyond the stoppy and problematic reception.

I was after a price the other day and had to give it up. If you can't even get through to Sales without the third degree and all the rest of the time-wasting comedy acts, what would it be like when you are on site with a commissioning query?

I'm hoping the dust will settle after a few more months, and maybe they will return to some kind of user-friendly mode.

puddleboy3
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
The plot thickens on my sanyo units as already posted i checked out a few sanyo splits and found that one of them the indoor fan was open circuit and the PCB was playing up so the complete indoor unit was replaced, hey presto ran up fine and lasted a couple of days i was called back to it today to find that the fan motor was open circuit again. Speaking to Sanyo they tell me that the motor has a klixon that opens at 135 degrees C but if my motor is going out on overheat why doesnt it reset. According to sanyo it should! and i cant find any reason why it should be going anywhere near overheat conditions :eek: :confused: :o

jteixiera
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
at the end of the they you get what you pay for im a mechanical consultant in london. when you purchase a bitt there are something taht are very important like
what support is available and are replacement parts available and what lead times are like but the most important is product suport Sanyo not great they are trying to break into the market but my advise is to stick to the better know ac units toshiba daikind and mitsi fujitsu even lg butm sanyo take yor chances

techguy
05-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi
I work for Sanyo and if I may say so the Kit is as good as anybodies. As i have repeatedly stated the only real differance in the Kit is the way it is installed .

If you have an asshole installing the kit it will be crap if you hve an asshole servicing the kit it will be crap.

Its the skill of the individual Technician that makes the differance.

All Japanese A/C is of similiar quality and Technology its down to the service/ installer to make the differance.
For instance in Ireland Daikin is seen as second rate kit .

Just depends on the location and the ability of the guys to support the various systems.

I've worked extensivley on Sanyo. Mitsu and Tosh and find they all have advantages and disadvantages.

I cannot comment on Diakin I do not have any experience with ths system

If anyone needs Sanyo Info drop me a line
I would be happy to help

T

jteixiera
05-11-2007, 10:40 PM
techguy ure right on the quality of instalation but i wouldnt compare sanyo to mitsi or daikin

coldstat
16-11-2007, 01:41 AM
hi...did u purchased these units in the usa...i'm looking for a few myself.

p_p
16-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi All
We are installing a 7kw Sanyo cassette next week.
I'll let you know our thoughts.

techguy
21-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi Jteixiera,

How would you qualify that statement???
what experience do u have of Sanyo equipment against Mitsu or Diakin?????

I have worked for Sanyo for 3 years and before that for various Mitsu dealers for 16 years Before that Hiross computer room kit. So have been around the block a few tiimes

As i have said dont know Diakin In Ireland its considered second rate but thats just because of its small presence in the market. Im sure its good kit. But know mitsu inside out and I consider Sanyo better.

Have u worked on much Sanyo Kit GHP???? VRF????
pac-i Splits???? CO2 water heatpumps????

I have worked extensivley on all and can assure you its as good as any product out there at present.
But thats just my opinion.

T

Ian Neill
29-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I've just put in two systems this week Sap and a Pac-i . Kit is as well made as anyones and the Tech backup was 1st class. Get my vote.
Ian

aircool
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
just installed 6 vrv,s in a job there and had no problems when we commissioned.as long as there installed right there should be no problems,,,sanyo has bucked up their act with their newer stuff,and that comes from someone that fitts mitsi electric all the time...