PDA

View Full Version : Ref Net issues

A/C student
15-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Over the past six months we have had a series of misfortunes with Daikin Ref Nets. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issues.

Problems with the Ref Nets splitting.

Daikin have told us that our installation was too good, and we should leave more room in the tray for expansion of pipework. But because we tie it down and it looks all spiffy and neet. We have had to leave even more room for expansion.

We even went back to a site and replaced many of the Ref Nets just to be on the safe side.

puddleboy3
15-08-2006, 10:16 PM
This is a big problem with Daikin refnets if you hydrozorb clip the pipe work. From experiance lets just say if your pipework is free willy then you will not have any problems. If you need to clip your pipework dont tighten the clips. As far as warrenty will go all Daikin will say is you should have read the small print in the install manual!!!!:confused: Good luck!

A/C student
15-08-2006, 10:20 PM
We didnt have that problem with Daikin, generaly we only cable tie pipework down but on some sites. Mainly Siske they ask us to hydrozorb them down. Which increased the time frame of work, which pissed them off lol
Daikin put our splitting problem down to a bad batch of refnets. So they replaced them without charge. And our warrenty stayed intact. I just hope it doesnt happen again. Cause I dont fancy the company loosing money. Loosing money lowers the end of year bonus lol

frank
18-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Loosing money lowers the end of year bonus lol

End of Year Bonus - Whats That???? :D :D

DEVIL
19-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Whe never had problems with Daikin refnets yes it's true whe never tight down the refnets to somthing, whe left space befor and after of 50 cm (0.5 m) in total 1 m but whe even had one case when the entire sealing whent down (constructor problems) and all the pipework whas intact, no pressure loss just some wiring gat damaged and all decoration panels of 23 cassete units

Abe
19-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Would someone please tell me what a refnet is?
thank you

Andy
19-08-2006, 12:05 PM
thank you

Hi Abe:)

a Y used instead of a tee, with the reducers down to the two smaller sizes built in (various reducers in steps or supplied loose with the refnet).

Kind Regards Andy:)

DEVIL
19-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Abe this type of joint, it's loved by daikin at VRV systems

A/C student
19-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Whe never had problems with Daikin refnets yes it's true whe never tight down the refnets to somthing, whe left space befor and after of 50 cm (0.5 m) in total 1 m but whe even had one case when the entire sealing whent down (constructor problems) and all the pipework whas intact, no pressure loss just some wiring gat damaged and all decoration panels of 23 cassete units

As i stated in an earlier post is was generaly a faulty batch of refnets which is what Daikin are claiming, seeing as in the beggining they tried to blame our install. but in all the hundreds of units and refnets installed we only had this problem occur this year.

They now say that after actualy testing the refnets that they where at fualt not our install.

Abe
19-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Thank you both Andy and Devil.
I did learn something new today......

Much appreciated
Regards
Abe

stuartwking
19-08-2006, 08:19 PM
we install alot of daikin vrv and get a fair few probs from the refnets,wish they would sort it out!

frank
20-08-2006, 01:06 PM
thank you

Hi Abe - where you been? http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3809&highlight=refnet

Abe
20-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Thank you Frank.....
:)

I read full thread.......in its entirety
I looked at date, was Jan.....06
I think my head was full at the time with impending legal stuff

But, Im knowleageable on refnets now
cheers

ps: I must pay more attention in class
:)