PDA

View Full Version : Gps data loggers/unit information.

alpha
14-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi all, not sure if this is the right place but here goes anyway,
what am I after is some sort of gps logging/unit info device.
Ideally, I'd like to monitor a few things on mobile refigeration units from my pc,, for example, air on/off evap, door openings, defrost indicator, hp/lp gas readings.
anyone know of such a device?
regards.

Peter_1
14-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Heard Carrier has it already available.

bruceboldy
14-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi alpha

A company in Texas named MDI Micro Design Inc does what you want talk to Naresh. tell him David B sent you.!!!
they make remote terminal units for operation over the wireless phone sytem and then into a server for you to see anywhere. They have two way communication also on this wireless system

link http://www.micro-design.com/

alpha
15-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the reply Peter_1, I am aware of Carrier having some device along side Thermo King but never having seen one first hand, I am unsure if they would work with anything other than what they were designed for perhaps, I do not intend to fit to either..

bruceboldy, quiet an interesting link, thanks, may make contact in the future, but really I am looking for a manufacturer closer to home, hopefully this side of the pond.

Reeferjon
23-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Thermoking have a product manuafctured by CEL (IE)(Celtrack).
I know that they also manufacture specific units to monitor analogue and digital i/ps (temps and switches).

guapo
23-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi Alpha,
Try ADAPCOOL of danfoss.

Regards,
Guapo

alpha
24-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the pointers guys, I shall have a search now I have a name or two to go on..:)

reefermadness
16-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Both Carrier and TK have used data loggers (wintrack) for years. Both models also have the option of a GPS system. Railroads are the most common application. The biggest problem is usually getting the software to download an read the datalogger.

RapidRun
03-10-2006, 10:39 PM
wintrac is the name of the software to use when interfacing thermo king dataloggers. Can be purchased at any thermo king dealer (I think).

Where I work we provide a GPS/GSM logging unit.

It can interface with thermoking and carrier loggers or operate on its own with analog and digital inputs, and digital output as well. geofencing and event alarms are some features.

It is prodused in Danmark by a company called comlog.

RapidRun
03-10-2006, 10:48 PM
BTW: With our system you view the data via Web.

trs.no - look for "axis"

reefermadness
07-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Funny story, in Canada, everything in transport is like the third world... Very few people use the dataloggers since truck drivers and related people can barely read nevermind use a computer. Half the units i work on don't even have a processor. Carrier solid state and TGIV's and ol' cycle sentry ONE!

Information can be hard to obtain info on just about anything. I had to get a capacitor for a rear evap on a Carrier Genesis tm1000 fans. The dealer didn't even have a parts book on the thing. I had to source out something from commercial land to make it work.

Please Europe, send Canada the technology... and take away things like the TK Super II SR!:confused:

MTKkeefy
21-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Try searching for R-Com, made by BlueTree.... or visa versa?

or maybe Trac-King...

Just a couple of names that ring a bell :-)

nova
19-11-2006, 05:52 PM
TK's (Celtrak (http://www.celtrak.com/)) Trac-King is very promising. Web based and not only you're able to check position and temperatures, but also the setpoint, operating mode and active alarm codes. On some TK models you're even able to clear the alarm codes with your pc and initiate defrost and so on. We have few of these and after setting Trac-King to text message me every time one customer's trailer unit generates an alarm code, I know for sure when that particular trailer is pulled from the ferry; almost always an alarm code "electric motor failed to run" as ferry ppl just pulls the plug w/o turning the unit first off :rolleyes: