PDA

View Full Version : Beyond stupidity.

slingblade
13-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Nothing whatsoever to do with fridges but, i went for a pint yesterday afternoon and spotted this.
I can only assume that the wiper motor is broken and the string going through the drivers and passenger windows is pulled first one way and then the other when raining. lucky for me i had my pda at hand for a photo.

rbartlett
13-08-2006, 11:58 AM
the string is probably tied to either side of the steering wheel so if you see him weaving down the road -you know it must be raining !!

cheers

richard

klimek
13-08-2006, 12:12 PM
RHD to LHD. :eek:

Karl Hofmann
13-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Ha! those yanks know how to make a quality conversion:D

I understand that is a conversion for the US postal service to allow postie to post mail in to those little boxes without having to get out of the car.

slingblade
14-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I think i've missed the point here Karl. the good ole US of A drive on the right side of the road in left hand drive cars, so a rhd would put the driver against the kerb nearest to the mailbox. whereas an rhd to lhd conversion puts him back on the side the mass of cars in the us are in the first place and away from the kerb.

i suppose they could drive backwards.:confused: :D

Josip
14-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi,

it seems that SHE is the boss in that car :eek:

Best regards, Josip

US Iceman
14-08-2006, 08:54 PM
the good ole US of A drive on the right side of the road in left hand drive cars...

Well, if you equate right side of the road to... the proper side of the road you would be correct.:D That is how the postal service does it here.

I have seen some postal vehicles with the steering wheel on the right, which I'm sure does make it more convenient.;)

It does raise a good question though. Why do the rest of you drive on the wrong side of the road?:p

Or, how does anyone know how the driving lanes were established? It is probably based on some middle age custom I guess.

Karl Hofmann
14-08-2006, 10:23 PM
DOH!!!! How stupid of me. Pretty sure that the US post have similar setups though.

Iceman. The story I heard was that in days of old riders would ensure that anyone coming from the other direction was on the right so that they could defend themselves with their sword in their right hand. But this may all be pie in the sky

US Iceman
15-08-2006, 01:01 AM
The story I heard was that in days of old riders would ensure that anyone coming from the other direction was on the right so that they could defend themselves with their sword in their right hand.

That is a similar story I have heard for why we shake hands using our right hand. The left hand could still hold the shield, while using your right hand to shake with was considered a sign of trust.

nh3wizard
15-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I once had a supervisor try and check the voltage on a compressor starter package that was 4160 volts with a 0-600 volt meter, blew his stupid butt 20 feet across the floor, and then sent the meter manufacturer a letter on how well thier meter works.

He is now teaching in a industrial refigeration school in Georgia.

Peter_1
15-08-2006, 01:30 PM
He is now teaching in a industrial
refigeration school in Georgia.
Not by coincidence a NH3 school?:eek:

nh3wizard
15-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Not by coincidence a NH3 school?:eek:

Yes it is a NH3 school, and he has been there for a while

US Iceman
15-08-2006, 07:43 PM
He is now teaching in a industrial refigeration school in Georgia.

The old saying is: Those that can't do it, resort to teaching it.

The flip side to this argument is, you need to have done it, before you try to teach also.

Unfortunate really. He's just lucky to be alive!

nh3wizard
15-08-2006, 09:07 PM
The kicker of it all he used to proudly wear a big belt buckle that said "Electrcian" but he did teach me alot the right way and the wrong way

frank
18-08-2006, 10:53 PM
http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/driving%20on%20the%20left.htm#history