PDA

View Full Version : Not enough air flow

coolsights2000
05-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Ok you all I need a good link so I can have something in black and white to hand to the air conditioning repair people so I can get my AC/heater fixed. It is an apartment.

A little background here, when I moved in the ac blew hot air they said they would fix it. O.K. While we were moving in they charged the AC.. Now it has cold, but not enough air flow. They argued with me about the air flow.. Now winter comes along and the heating coil burns out.. 6 coils later they put a lower temp cut out in ... Bad news the overload kicks in but the good news for them the coil doesn't burn out now..... Today they started putting automatic temostats in.. the only control is it has is a lever that moves + 2^ and -2^ from the center of 74^... if it gets to hot the ac kicks in and if it gets to cold the heater kicks in... LOL I had it on the highest setting of 76^ and the AC was going... the funny part is it was not to hot or to cold in the apartment... but it was hotter in the hallway where they put the thermostat... So it was cooling the inside of the ducts and nothing else.... You can put your hand on the vent and there is very little if any air flow coming out.. the air is never getting pushed back to the intake in the hallway....

I have been though many AC repair guys (no ac women yet LOL) and it still ain't fixed right.. This is a different company that is installing the thermostat...

I am having the same problem here as when a my old dryer turned to slow........ How I fixed it.. I purchased a new one -- costs less than parts and had a warranty....

Thanks Mac! Edited by wife.....what i could salvage that is.......

superheat
22-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Do a temperature rise test. If the temp rise test shows it to be right, the airflow is not uniform.