PDA

View Full Version : HAIER aircon units

A/C student
12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I was just wondering what you profesionals think about HAIER units? I have come across them every once in a while. There cheap and cheerful when they work. But because of a lack of technical information and call centre availability. The company I work for does not and will not ever install said systems.

Plus we specalise in more up market systems....Daikin etc lol

Andy AC
13-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Absolute rubbish units, stick with the Daikin & MHI systems . If you have a problem with these, they will talk to you about it and help you get it sorted.

Lc_shi
14-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Hi Andy
Why say so ? Have u used Haier units? I want to know based on what you get the judgment. It's helpful to me:)
thanks

regards
LC

MadApprentice
14-08-2006, 08:05 AM
I am not a tradesman (yet) but i have worked on cheaper units and have had the same problems of lack of technical support and lack of parts.
I would never install a split that is not of daikin or mhi make. If the unitever has problems, i would know that they would have full warranty support ad my name would not be smeared.

Ps does anyone have commissioning sheets!!!!

Lc_shi
14-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Sir
I understand what you say:)
What company is MHI ? It's very challenging job for Haier units to go to oversea market. But i really hope there'll be much improvement for HAier and no longer regarded as a cheaper one:(

regards
LC

Argus
14-08-2006, 11:45 AM
What company is MHI ? It's very challenging job for Haier units to go to oversea market. But i really hope there'll be much improvement for HAier and no longer regarded as a cheaper one:(

regards
LC

I think that MHI are Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

An interesting story about MHI moving some of its production out of Japan appeared in one of the UK trade Magazines today by coincidence.

http://www.acr-news.com/news/news_story.asp?id=149

.............and a joint venture with Haier, no less.

________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

A/C student
15-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Haier systems are rarely used by my company I know that we do not install them. As a matter of fact we tend to install mitsi and Daikin. Our only reason for even working on said units is because we are sub contracted by a cheap skate who likes to install cheap units.

Though in the end we have sorted through most of our problems an ex engineer went to work for Haier so getting hold of himw wasnt all to hard.

Though I think Ventaxia are now moving into the a/c trade, and installing Haier systems. Thats the rumour i heard anyway lol

marc5180
15-08-2006, 10:12 PM
We have dealt with both Haier and vent Axia and id advise anybody to stay away from them. They are the worst units we have ever come across and we avoid them like the plague

A/C student
15-08-2006, 10:30 PM
We have dealt with both Haier and vent Axia and id advise anybody to stay away from them. They are the worst units we have ever come across and we avoid them like the plague

If what i heard is correct, ventaxia are ordering in Haier units and adding there own logo onto them. Selling them as ventaxia systems lol

Abe
15-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi Sir
I understand what you say:)

regards
LC

Lc shi

I can appreciate your comment , esp as I understand is of Chinese origin.

We need to understand the market place and the UK has traditionally been a strong user of high end systems. The cheaper brands normally get short thrift, or are " rubbished"

The word " rubbished" is not used here in a literal sense.

Haeir may be in all respects a good brand and thought of highly in some countries, but here in UK, it has to prove itself.

This is the hardest part, gaining acceptance, and establishment.

Once it can achieve this, then it will be positively spoken of, but I must warn you. The process of establishment is a long and arduos route, you need to pull out something special from the hat.

Good luck
:)

chris_hellawell
21-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I have used 3 invertor driven units and all 3 have been a major head ache to me ever since. One faulty invertor module, 1 faulty PCB (differant unit) 2 fan speed controlers both blown. 1 burst discharge and 1 broken pipe. That said I put a bog standard heat pump in for my Mum and Dad in there conservertory and its been fine.

DEVIL
21-08-2006, 07:17 PM
whe had in one year somth like 10 or so haier unit's a while ago, and worked fine, just that it had ugly defrost electronics, it never defrosted right but cooling work'ed just fine

abdulazman
21-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey MadApprentice,

What sort of commissioning sheet are you refering to?

Trane, Dunham Bush, York, Mycom, Sabroe, Howden etc.

Different manufacturers have different style of start up and commissioning.

Plz PM me.

Lc_shi
22-08-2006, 06:43 AM
whe had in one year somth like 10 or so haier unit's a while ago, and worked fine, just that it had ugly defrost electronics, it never defrosted right but cooling work'ed just fine
Welcome your comment. Ugly defrost ,you mean it's not fully defrosted or other things? i think it's a very critical technology for air source split heat pump. What 's your idea for how better defrosting should be?
thanks

regards
LC

autt
22-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks to Abe. I have the same feeling as LC Shi. An idiom in China says "Cheaper no good", but now a reality in China is PRICE FIRST, maybe Haier becomes accustomed of this. Good performance and long lifetime means higher cost, that's the point, even sometimes it has lower lifetime cost, competation made things worse. People living state are not so good as that in Europe, they are not non-reasonable, low price usually make consumptions more economical. qulity, comfort and taste are often the minor aspects. I think if Haier wants to enter international market, they should have truely high end products and services, the latter are always neglected in in domestic market.

Good to every one.

DEVIL
22-08-2006, 04:48 PM
whell the problem whas with defrosting that it never fully defrosted, and the dealer that whe mounted the unit's for, said that it whas a known isue for that model, the problem whas that the electronics didn't allowd the unit tu fully defrost

Lc_shi
23-08-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi Devil
This should be related to the design. If the frost is not fully thawed,the unit can't restart. I don't know what the program of defrosting is. Hope someone give some clues for it.

regards
LC

FungSuiLo
15-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Think more than twice before installing Haier.
They cannot even supply simple replacement parts like a simple current choke and as such you end up with an expensive suite of non working air con units in your office. The inductor coil may cost as little as £50 but when Haier cannot supply it, your thousands of pounds worth of asset is as good as flushed down the toilet and to be written off your books. If you do not believe me, try locating this part:
001A3800097 !!:)

Jay1553
15-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Where did you get the part number from as I have the full list of parts for all Haier units and that number does not appear in it.
Do you have the model number of the unit and the part you require. You never know it maybe in my garage

Argus
15-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Where did you get the part number from as I have the full list of parts for all Haier units and that number does not appear in it.
Do you have the model number of the unit and the part you require. You never know it maybe in my garage

………………… that’s why he can’t find the part in the first place, it must be in your garage! :D:D:D:D

What is it about fridge guy's garages?

Haier used to be up in Nottingham, but seem to have disappeared off the scene….

Someone once said in a post here that they were like LG, but without the quality.

Thermatech
15-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Some may recall that a number of major air conditioning distributors in the UK started selling Haier as a budget brand but the design & quality were so poor & warrantee issues so bad that they stoped selling & sent all product back to Haier.
Then most of the UK Haier staff left & although no trade announcment was made it would seem that they have withdrawn from the UK market.

The question is who will provide any remaining warrantee for the units sold ?& will Haier provide spare parts in the UK? & who is providing any technical support for the products sold ?

There have been roomers about Vent Axia & Vaillant a/c systems being badged Haier units so it might seem that Haier may try to get into the UK on the back of more established brands instead.

Budget brands tend to sell better in countries were there is a massive & expanding domestic market. Cheap domestic units sell like hot cakes to plumbers & electricians who dont know the difference between a good unit & a very poor one & they have a never ending que of punters who just want a cheap a/c unit installed to escape the hot weather.
In the UK although we have a few of the 'plumbers brigade' at the moment watch out because Vaillant are busy training plumbers to install split systems.

thermo prince
18-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Guys, I would'nt be so harsh on HAIER or quick to be dismissive of it- they have ambitions to be a Global " Fortune 500 " company like Toyota, Sony, Nokia, Proctor+Gamble, Exxon , Microsoft, BMW Benz etc etc by the year 2020.
Cash rich company, they practically 'own' the city of Quingdao.
They already purchased a skyscraper in lower Manhattan and have top selling small fridge for student market in USA.

As I write this, I see on tv news headlines that Gordon Brown is in Beijing tonight for trade talks - hoping for USD 20 billion worth of increased trade with China by 2012.

Napoleon Bonaparte is reputed to have once said " let the sleeping (China) dragon lie " as when it awoke the whole world would know it's prowess.

As Japan arose in the 60's and 70's ( Toyota Motor started off as a sewing machine factory , honestly! - there's a great book on it's founding ; Sony National Panasonic, Nikon etc) then S Korea after that in the 90's (Samsung, Kia, Daewoo, Hyundai, LG) you will see some major players emerge in then next 20 yrs as China takes it's place on world stage as an economic superpower. ;)
Toyota and Datsun stumbled a lot when they first came on market, then they learned from Western feedback , went back home and constantly improved. Today , they trounce GM and Ford and I dare say a LEXUS is a much superior motor to Benz or BMW, model for model.

Already, the economics people will tell you ....
"USA is the great consumer of the world
China is the factory of the world
India becomes the r&d centre of the world
Australia, Brazil etc the raw material suppliers of the world (stage) " :)

I have no doubt personally we will see this global shift come to pass in our lifetimes!

regards
T-P

DEVIL
21-01-2008, 10:24 AM
thermo prince

thei might be big, but the units ar not so good, they sell a lot, because like other brands, don't do only aircon, and have a name, but, whe had problems, and a lot with them, and whe allso sell Daikin , mitsubishi, and fujitzu, and it's a big big diference,

and Lc_shi , the problem what with the electronics of the unit, that allowd the unit te get back to normal operation before it fully finished defrosting

Sorry for my English

thermo prince
21-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I hear what you say Devil but my point is .... give all these companies lke Haier, Gree, Chunlan, Midea 10~20 years and they will be world class companies.

Just like Japan and Korean products started off weak since the 1970's but constantly strived to improve and did so!

I am not defending Haier at all : I would imagine they have quite a bit to learn about " export quality" but that's the phase they are going through right now.
Some countries will be the target market for " guinea pig " units.

In transport rooftop bus a/c , we now have some 100 + companies in China making clones of our product, clones of Denso, clones of Sutrak etc. 10 years ago we laughed at them , today they are going overseas as far as S America and Dubai ( Kingtech) so laugh is on us.

PS Carrier also has a strategic alliance with Haier for supermarket equipment, just like they have with Linde and Tyler etc.

regards
T-P

nike123
21-01-2008, 05:25 PM
thermo prince

thei might be big, but the units ar not so good, they sell a lot, because like other brands, don't do only aircon, and have a name, but, whe had problems, and a lot with them, and whe allso sell Daikin , mitsubishi, and fujitzu, and it's a big big diference,

and Lc_shi , the problem what with the electronics of the unit, that allowd the unit te get back to normal operation before it fully finished defrosting

Sorry for my English

From my experience, Haier units are little better than no name, same as Midea, Samsung and LG and could not compare with Fujitsu, Daikin, Toshiba, Mitsubishi (both of them).
Some cheap Panasonic, Hitachi and Sanyo are not much better of them.
Bottom line is, that you got what you pay for it.

Lc_shi
22-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Good comments from all of you. I believe you'd like to see better products from China.
I'm really expect my country can contribute much more top-quality brand to the globe.

best regards
LC

DEVIL
22-01-2008, 04:12 PM
thermo prince

it's true what u say , but how i had experience with brands made in chaina, we had som Spring units mounted dono, 7-8 years ago, lot's of them, from small to big, worked fine, had no problem with them, and stil working, some in harsh conditions, but, we mounted one year ago, 40 for our state , had to me cheep, so we got some spring, and, after 6-8 mounths 50% of them had cracks at the flare nut, lost all refrigerent, and they are all over the place, not close to our city, so ... at this poing all money whe had earned, went on service cost's, further more, some personal, on the sight, did not notice us in time, and after another 6 months, 7 compressors failed from thous with the flare nut crack, so we decided we don't work with cheep units any more, only ones that we know work for long long period of time, and don't have troble veri offten.

So ..... the poing haier might have good units and some have problems, if the problems only happend in one year, and makes u lose a lot of money u tend to lose interest and tray to understend in Romania mounting a'n aircon for 100 Euro (including pipings and stuff) fo 3 m piping lenght it's not mutch money to go around and service them all day long

But allso had problems with Daikin, i mounted 2 FTY unit's for a frend, he uses them for heating , and .... at 5 deg Celsius outside temperature, they frosted up, searched for refrigerent leeks , none, chenged refrigerent, all done, the unit stil not working, cald Daikin had office, contacted tehnical department, they told me to fit a'n electrical heating coil on the outdor heat exhenger, and i whas like what ..... doing that to a Daikin, we had other brands that work and -10 -15 made in China , and had same type of unit's mounted in the same day and worked fine, but finaly close to geting mad, and geting down the daikin units and changing them for Mitsubishi the unit's gat back on track and worked fine

So .. final conclusin it's hard to decide what low brand's to consider still usable

Sorry for my English

fridge doctor
23-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Interesting thread....
In Cyprus we have MHI, Daikin, LG, Tosh, Panasonic etc... AND we have a multitude of names most of which you have never heard of - and all from China. Of these, i have to say that the consensus of opinion is that HAIER are undoubtedly one of the better makes. Personally I have only been called out to one unit. OK it was a failed indoor PCB, it shouldn't have happened after 2/3 years but it did. I got a replacement within 3 days, it didn't cost a fortune, job done. I'm OK with them, my opinion.

Trevor

Thermatech
25-01-2008, 04:28 PM
fridge doctor

Do you have large residential domestic market for small split systems in Cyprus?
Do the customers usually want the units for heating & cooling or do they tend to use them for cooling only?
In your estimate how many hours per year will the average standard split system be running for in domestic application ?
200 compressor run hrs ?
2000 compressor run hrs ?

Here in the UK we have very small residential domestic market & so most budget cost small split systems like Haier end up installed in commercial applications & therefore have to work 52 weeks of the year 5 to 7 days per week & 10 to 24 hrs per day. So up to about 8000 hrs per year.

Every one gets upset that budget units are so unreliable but actually the manufacturer designed them only to run for a few hundred hours per year for the 3 years warrantee period after which they can fail & be replaced like all other cheap white goods.
This is because the units are designed for residential domestic application & were never intened to work for thousands of hours each year.

kenobi
26-01-2008, 09:03 AM
i read one reply which stated that he had a burst dischage pipe,no wonder 520psi i put a few in 4 cash on the weekends and they were all reading the same head and suction and i had 2 go bck to one of them and it seems it has a faultly control board

fridge doctor
27-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Fair point THERMATECH, usage here (residential)varies of course between customers, but is never going to realise the the same levels as the commercial sector.