PDA

View Full Version : What’s the expected wage for a qualified engineer in Ireland?

Langer
12-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey there...:)

Was wondering what the going rate was for a qualified engineer these days.
I’m qualified six years and work on commercial refrigeration, I.e.,
Super Valu, Centra, Gala, Quick Pick, Londis,(including hot counters, ovens etc...) Beer cooling, A/C, So anything from your typical condensing unit, to your modern day Pack system.
(service calls only)

What should one get into the hand at the end of the week?

I’m guessing €650.00 flat week?

Would I be way off?

leftjobrunning
15-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Hey there...:)

Was wondering what the going rate was for a qualified engineer these days.
I’m qualified six years and work on commercial refrigeration, I.e.,
Super Valu, Centra, Gala, Quick Pick, Londis,(including hot counters, ovens etc...) Beer cooling, A/C, So anything from your typical condensing unit, to your modern day Pack system.
(service calls only)

What should one get into the hand at the end of the week?

I’m guessing €650.00 flat week?

Would I be way off?

Gwayyalangerbiy;) ,
Ya 600 to 650 is about right... which is piss-poor when you think about it.
Depressed now.

Langer
15-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Gwayyalangerbiy;) ,
Ya 600 to 650 is about right... which is piss-poor when you think about it.
Depressed now.

'Tis too. I'll have to have a word with me boss soon i thing. The only thing is you'll hardly ever only get that, with all the over-time and all that like.

leftjobrunning
15-08-2006, 11:44 PM
'Tis too. I'll have to have a word with me boss soon i thing. The only thing is you'll hardly ever only get that, with all the over-time and all that like.
Shouldn't matter about overtime, we should be getting a good basic like other tradesmen and we wouldn't have to do as much overtime... don't ya think?
You in Cork I take it?

Langer
17-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Shouldn't matter about overtime, we should be getting a good basic like other tradesmen and we wouldn't have to do as much overtime... don't ya think?
You in Cork I take it?

Bit time. 'Tis one of many points i put to my boss when getting a payrise. I shouldn't have to be out all weekend to get a good wage, we're in a good job that should pay good. Saying that, i'm on more
than what i asked would be the av wage, but still,
you can never be on too much.

Yeah, i'm in Cork, biy. :)