PDA

View Full Version : R12 to R49 for car a/c

ecclesk
11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
can i just reclaim the remaining R12 and then recharge with R49? is there anything else i need to consider?

it's an old car and not worth spending loads of £'s to retrofit to 134a.

Ronny
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Guy,

if you mean R 413A (Isceon MO49 From DuPont) then the answer is yes. You do not have to do anything. but please consider the oilbalance if you drain some during getting rid of R12.

Andy W
11-08-2006, 07:52 PM
can i just reclaim the remaining R12 and then recharge with R49? is there anything else i need to consider?Yes you can, reduce the charge by 10% when using R49 and liquid charge the system by weight, do not vapour charge, nothing else to it.

Abe
12-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Ive done it loads of times........never had any probs
Good luck

riggerish
10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
with referance to r413a what opperating pressure would you expect to see. ie are they simler to r12.
i ask as a mate has asked me to look at his land rover a/c that runs on r12 or not as the case is at the moment.

Brian_UK
10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Pressures quite similar.

Remember that if his a/c is running on R12 all you can do is reclaim it for disposal or do not touch it at all.

riggerish
10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
he says its not working at the mo but not had a chance to look at it but just looking for a quick way to get it up and running for him.

Latte
25-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Just blow off the r-12. evac, then weigh in the new juice to what the 12 label says. never had a problem. never going to get caught. here we have 4 enviro cops for 5 million people. they are more concerned with oil refineries and the such.

Sorry Guys, But this is where i go off on one !!!!!!:eek:

Just because you are not going to get caught is no reason to vent, and no i am not some sandal wearing environment hippy, its just wrong.
ecclesk, Fit youre gauges, you will probably find there is no gas in the system where its not been used over the winter. If there is gas then RECLAIM it, Pressure test, vac out and recharge and disign weight less 10% and you should get readings the same as R12. Any probems post back and we will help

Regards

fatboy

Brian_UK
26-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Quite agree Fatboy, post deleted and infraction given to Reefermadness.

Brian

The MG Pony
26-12-2006, 07:33 PM
If I had seen this sooner I'd have gon off to! Hell who needs that ozone eh, ya like hell I like geting a 4th degree sun burn in five seconds. I'd be the first to report any one doing that. Here in BC we Kinda like having that odd thing called oh say AIR and Ozone.

I couldn't do it even if I wouldn't be cought just like I can't go out and shoot my self in the head, I'm not suicidal or retarded wish I could say the same about others.

Venting is killing your self and every one in a slow way, do the world a favour and use a faster method! If all the people so found of venting cfcs did that We never would have had this issue to begin with.

I even recover the R-290 I use, as each time it is recoverd it is even more use full as the old oil has further cleaned it!

reefermadness
26-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I think that you have to think of the scale we are talking about. A few onces here and there. Women used to release more CFC's in one morning with the use of hair spray. Let's not forget the millions of pounds released during the process to manufacture styrofoam. Not saying its right, but its a little like peeing in the ocean. There has to be a larger scope taken on this thing. I constantly see trailers hauled from the USA that have been filled up with R-404a and have a cracked defrost line! This thing is regular practise, from what i see! Not right i must say. Just saying that i am not the only person that has done it. Just the only one that has addmitted it.

Peace

ReeferMadness

The MG Pony
26-12-2006, 09:49 PM
then we did not know better, we do now this is the issue, now that we know better it is a duty to ensure no more is released with every ability we can use to prevent it, not encurage it!

Thoughs who do it need to be reported and fined or forced to go back to school, the US (read as polititions and environmental agency and what ever ells needs to get up in the times) needs to get into this century and wake up and get its own failures fixed. We must move forward as well and move into using hydrocarbon refrigerants and more environmentaly sound ones as has Europ.

Just becuase one does it, dos not mean any thing, it just means they have failed them selfs as a living organism. every drip counts it all adds up in the end a single drip can cuase the dam to burst if it lands where all the past ones have landed, we all must do the max that we can of our abilities to ensure no more is leaked or vented!