PDA

View Full Version : heat exchanger material issue

Lc_shi
11-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi Sirs
As we know, the copper price is rising. it makes HVACR manufacturer's cost increase. Most air heat exchanger is made of copper and aluminium. Is there any innovative tech to find alternatives for this situation? I've read some article for plastic pipe heat exchanger in refrigeration field. How do you think the use of plastic HX in HVACR industry? is it a way to save expensive metal like copper,etc?
welcome your input

regards
LC

Samarjit Sen
19-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi LC,

To be very honest this is the first time I heard that plastic heat exchangers are being used in the refrigeration field. Could you please give some reference of the document where you had seen such.

I shall try and do a bit of work on what you have said as there should be some alternative to copper and aluminium in the field of refrigeration.

With best wishes, Samarjit Sen

US Iceman
19-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I have heard of some ceramic heat exchangers I believe. Some of this same material is being used for superconducting wire.

Now if we could only get high temperature superconducting material for heat exchangers. Think about this, if the material resistance goes to zero, the heat transfer should be very good.

Lc_shi
21-08-2006, 02:19 AM
pls refer to http://www.powercold.com to see Nauticon fluid cooler product.