PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

goodson
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
could someone help with my search for specs on freezers installed on cement with a ventilated system and insulation below grade?
thanx

Josip
10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi, goodson :)

Welcome to RE.

Can you give some more details about room temp, size? Is there another insulation under concrete? Type, size?

Best regards, Josip :)

goodson
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
THANX FOR RESPONDING
the freezer is 36 ' x 24' x 21' high. it runs at -22
it's a new contruction so we still have to prepare the ground under the floor

bruceboldy
11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Hello Goodson
welcome this is an excellent source of info with lots of smart people to help you .
I will look for the old construction data on underfloor warming that we have used for years. and send it to you . only thing my work has been in warmer climates without the frozen ground .....

best regards

Josip
11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi, goodsone :)

So, it is 12m x 7.2m x 6.3m more or less :)

In Canada air temperature can be very low and maybe ventilation system under concrete floor and some other insulation is not the best solution. Those plastic pipes must be in the air (above ground) with nets at both ends and with little slope to one end to drain water condensate from air. This solution is good for countries where you do not have climate under 0C.

You must take care about undergound water and therefor drain system of underground water is very important.

The best is to excavate complete soil (bigger than your room 13m x 8m) and refil that hole with agregate for concrete. Then you can make something like concrete pool inside of you can start to build your room starting with water vapour barrier. I have to find some details about cold room working on -55C. Walls were 220mm but for -20C can be less.

See atachments, one is jpg and zip one is acad drawing.

Best regards, Josip :)