PDA

View Full Version : old comps

Paul.A
09-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Any sensible ideas for getting rid of all these compressors were all ripping out.
environment agency say they are hazardous waste
were based in essex

Thanks Paul

Brian_UK
09-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Yep, you've got to clean out the oil and so there's another container to get rid of.

Seal the compressor and then find your local hazardous waste disposal centre and give them you premises code to clear the junk.

Oh yes, forgot to say "Have your wallet handy".

Josip
09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi,

It seems it is cheaper to buy comp then to get rid of ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Superheat6k
07-09-2006, 12:05 PM
We can take away old compressors providing they are declared our property once they enter our vehicles. We regard them as a commercial transaction and will be used for recycling for parts of re-manufacture. As such they are not waste, but raw materials once in our possession. If we later determine them as not repairable we have proper channels and registrations to dispose of the parts and other waste materials such as metal, oil, etc.

We do not take away items pressurised with refrigerants.

Dependant upon models concerned we may charge or indeed offer payment. We are unlikely to be able to assist with smaller domestic size units.

Contact ThermaCom 0118 950 0606

We can provide certification of disposal if required.

We may raise charges if of no further use, or may offer to buy if of high commercial value.

winfred.dela
07-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Please provide compressor details.
We are at least 15 years behind in the use of OLD refrigerant (with higher ODP). For more than ten years, I have used a lot old compressors from US and Europe. Due to cheap labor and allowed to use OLD refrigerants, we can always find ways to use old ref units/components.
Most of my customers bring in old compressors/components and we always find ways to use it.

NoNickName
07-09-2006, 06:06 PM
The two guys before me were too fast. We also consider old compressors valuable. At the price of iron, you would sell them easily in Italy "as compressors" so no need to certificate of disposal, because they will not be disposed of.

quiksilva
22-09-2006, 07:16 PM
1st time poster, long term viewer..

Prep yourself mate half of the asian sub continent will now be PMing you there details,

Me? Commisioning engineer for a close control UK manufacturer taken over by the italians (nuff said) now doing mainly screw /recip/multiple scroll packages with numerous failures and no you cant have the remains

sups on beer without care in the world

andy

quiksilva
22-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh....
forgot im from essex too, probably explains the attitude:)