PDA

View Full Version : Wages accross the UK

marc5180
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi guys im looking to get an idea of what the hourly
rates are in the UK taking into account regional tolerances ie. Higher for london? Sorry that this isnt really a brain teaser but this is the place to come for answers?
Cheers

mgtet
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
rates obviously vary depending on experience/capability. Some companys pay a high basic but then won't pay travel or will only pay travel at single time. Many will pay 30000 or more but this will be for a 48 to 50 hour week.
Going on a 40 hour week with travel time paid at time and a half where applicable I would guess that a junior engineer would be on around 8 to 9 pounds an hour. Intermediate engineers 9 to 10.50 an hour and senior engineers can demand anything up to 14 pounds an hour, although I have never seen this rate offered outside london. Most senior engineers I know, living in birmingham earn around 11 to 12.50 an hour.
This would be for an engineer who could work on splits to chillers.

acgibo
09-08-2006, 11:03 PM
marc
i find it depends a lot on the size and INTEGRITY of the company, not so much geography.
i am not really happy where i am at the moment so have been looking around a lot, rates vary from about 8.50 per hour up to about 15 per hour.
this varies with the obvious OT rates hols hours worked etc etc.
i have been surprised by these varying rates as i also expected London and the South to be paying much more but they dont mate, so if you are hunting just keep looking and dont be tempted by the highest offer as this may not allways be the best !!!!:)
Gibo