PDA

View Full Version : Newbee

Brownie
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I am a general M&E engineer. Trained in the Royal Navy and now working as A senior engineer for a company that looks after the enviromental aspects of telecom technical sites. We look after the mains power, DC back up, UPS support, generators and air con.

I have just done my safe handling certificate and am thinking quite seriously about setting up on my own.

Any advise.......

Don't know what to charge, what market to hit or how you really go about being self employed.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Brownie.

rbartlett
04-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Hi,

I am a general M&E engineer. Trained in the Royal Navy and now working as A senior engineer for a company that looks after the enviromental aspects of telecom technical sites. We look after the mains power, DC back up, UPS support, generators and air con.

I have just done my safe handling certificate and am thinking quite seriously about setting up on my own.

Any advise.......

Don't know what to charge, what market to hit or how you really go about being self employed.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Brownie.

In all honesty if you're not sure-you're not ready. When I went s/e back in '87 we had planned it since '83/84.

Cheers

Richard