PDA

View Full Version : HELP with LG dual zone

stretch
03-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Have a split system LG running R410A, my problem is that the unit when started up was pulling a vac on the suction side(no where to hook hi side gauge so i dont know whats happening there). i found that the only ***** in the system was what was added to the indoor units after install so i recovered etc.

recharged to factory specs and suction pressure shot up to 300 and wouldnt fall. i thought i overcharged so i evacuated but the system had only gas, the 4 pounds i charged seemed to dissappear.

I found the ***** by cracking the flare nut on the high side and it spewed oil/*****, meanwhile i can pull a vac on the suction side and spew ***** on the high side at the same time?

i normally work on air dryers not conditioners so if this is a really stupid problem cut me a little slack:)

Brian_UK
03-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Is the discharge valve open ??

Otherwise, if it's an LG, bin it ;)

mr cool
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
could be a blockage in liquid line or dreaded moisture in system. have a look at indoor unit and see if there is any liquid getting there if so then its moisture or a knackered tev mate best of luck, mr cool

Andy W
04-08-2006, 07:07 AM
It sounds like you do not have any air conditioning experience, if I was you, employ the services of some one who knows what they are doing, you can not go letting gas and oil out of the system, you will be hung up by your big toes.

stretch
05-08-2006, 05:03 AM
It sounds like you do not have any air conditioning experience, if I was you, employ the services of some one who knows what they are doing, you can not go letting gas and oil out of the system, you will be hung up by your big toes.

wow thanks for that.

I didn't bleed the system to atmosphere, when i cracked the flare nut on the liquid side and got liquid ***** i closed it back. I guess someone who knows what they are doing would have known that even though the system could be leak tested with N and have a 450 mic vac pulled on it(on the only service connection available), regardless of that, I should have known there was ***** trapped on the hi side.

anyway, the prob was the TEV, and it's been taken care of(by someone who did not know what he was doing), so thanks to those who offered help and to those who offered toe hangings...

,.|..

Andy W
05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
the prob was the TEV, and it's been taken care of(by someone who did not know what he was doing),Would you let someone repair the brakes on your car who did not know what they are doing? Joking apart have you ever seen ***** injuries or experienced then first hand? people have died has a result of neglect or not knowing what they are doing with refrigerant gasses. I stand by what I say and I did not mean it disrespectful, I have been in the fridge trade for 28 years and firmly belive in the proper training and experienced personel to carry out the work, I obviously chose the wrong words but meant it light hearted.