PDA

View Full Version : High cool problem

gauge
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif High cool problem
Has any one had any dealings with high cool. I've installed a u ceiling mounted unit. i'm getting a fault where the 32 amp breaker is arking i have used 2.5 t+e and 1.5 interconnecting the unit itself was running fine and i had a call to say the ac had taken out the dist board. i took the 32 amp breaker off and it was all carbonised and the dist board is u/s. I managed to get a tempory supply and meggered the unit all fine. But the amps are 19.7 (running) instead of 7.1. When commisioned they were 7.4 i've checked the unit over and all seems fine. Any ideas:confused: :confused:

Brian_UK
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a major problem with the compressor, wiring, power supply, capacitor to name but a few.

A slow methodical examination is needed methinks.

Also, welcome to the forum.

gauge
04-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a major problem with the compressor, wiring, power supply, capacitor to name but a few.

A slow methodical examination is needed methinks.

Also, welcome to the forum.
Hi Brian, I have found the souce of the problem it was the sparky who is doing installation works at the office, he drilled through the main incomming. I thought it stange as my ac was turned off due to building works going on, but he did try blaming my a/c. Thanks for your advise though.