PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FH series problem

pdingle
01-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I have a Daikin FH Series split air conditioning system and it has recently developed a fault and will not work. When you switch it on it just flashes the E4 error code. I dont have a service manual for this unit but gather from the web that the fault code is 'Outdoor Activation of low pressure switch'. Would anybody be able to shed some more light on this subject or maybe even have any ideas on how to correct the fault?

frank
01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I have a Daikin FH Series split air conditioning system and it has recently developed a fault and will not work. When you switch it on it just flashes the E4 error code. I dont have a service manual for this unit but gather from the web that the fault code is 'Outdoor Activation of low pressure switch'. Would anybody be able to shed some more light on this subject or maybe even have any ideas on how to correct the fault?

The code doesn't relate to "low pressure" but to an outdoor safety device activation. I think you will find it to be the internal protection device to either the compressor or condenser fan motor.

You can check which one by doing a continuity check on the GREY wire connectors attached to the PCB

puddleboy3
01-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Any E4 ive had frank always relates to low pressure. The fault you are describing to me would be an E0. But hey ive had a hard day and ive been known to be wrong before. God i love being an A/C engineer.:D

frank
01-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Any E4 ive had frank always relates to low pressure. The fault you are describing to me would be an E0. But hey ive had a hard day and ive been known to be wrong before. God i love being an A/C engineer.:D

Opps Sorry, as you say, it's been a few long hard days..

Off to bed for some kip :o - wonder if she'll bring me a cup of tea up?

Andy AC
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Are the air filters blocked up ?
Was the cooling duty good before it packed up or was it struggling?
To reset, switch off then switch on again but hold the on button in for 5-10 seconds, alternativeley kill power to outdoor unit for a few seconds and the switch on again.
If the fault appears again immediateley when powered on, you may have a pipe fracture and total loss of gas
. If it appears after running for a few minutes, get the gas pressures checked.(running low)
May just be blocked filters though.
Hope this helped.

Andy

Ian Neill
13-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi any time ive had the E4 its been the outdoor pcb if you can change it and check gas pressure amps etc then i think youll be on the right track

rbartlett
13-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi any time Ive had the E4 its been the outdoor PCB if you can change it and check gas pressure amps etc then i think you'll be on the right track

Hmmmm

puddle and frank are renowned Daikin experts so I would advise checking the system first then and only then swap the board.

E4 is low pressure switch activated, I don't see the assumption between that and a dodgy PCB

fit your gauges and check standing pressure, if above 3 bar set running (if not then you have got a leak), if the pressure falls below 3 bar then you probably have a shortage. (assuming indoor fan is running and filters clean etc) If so reclaim refrigerant charge and confirm weight, if confirmed short PLT and repair.

If the pressure/charge is correct and it still doesn't run -or it trips- continuity test the LP wires if this shows a open circuit during test then LP possible fault but if closed circuit during 'normal' operation then and only then ponder a board failure..

Cheers

Richard

Ian Neill
13-08-2006, 06:45 PM
SORRY !!! I'm having some Sunday Brain Drain and got my E's and U's mixed up.... E4 is low pressure, U4 is Communication error sorry for the confusion.......