PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba VRF systems

al
31-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi gang

is anyone familiar with these systems? am wondering is there a minumum distance that the flow control boxes should be apart? have an install where i can place boxes is 1m proximity to each other due to lack of ceiling space. also can the refnet joints be placed vertically?

Thanks

Al

Andy
31-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi gang

is anyone familiar with these systems? am wondering is there a minumum distance that the flow control boxes should be apart? have an install where i can place boxes is 1m proximity to each other due to lack of ceiling space. also can the refnet joints be placed vertically?

Thanks

Al

One word Al NOISE:eek:

The BS boxes are usually placed away from the unit to kepthe noise out of the occupied space, just watch that there is not too much carry over of that noise to any area you don't want:(

Kind Regards Andy:)

frank
31-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I've got photo that might answer your question. I think it's on the work computer. I'll have a look tomorrow. :)

Brian_UK
31-07-2006, 10:06 PM
NO, no, no, Refnet joints should be horizontal or the branch slighty below the main to ensure even flow of refrigerant.

al
31-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks guys

noise could be an issue, but there's no other space available.....the install instructions state that vertical is ok but i know with daikin this isn't so....are tosh that good:D :D

regards

al

Loops
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi Al,

I'm very familiar with these systems in fact we are having both a 3-pipe and a 2-pipe Tosh VRF installed in our offices.

The header type refnet should be kept within 10° of the horizontal.

The Y type refnets can be either verticle or horizontal - although if horizontal then within 15°.

See page 21 of the 'SHRM' (3-pipe) installation manual A04-002.

Noise is not a problem with these BS boxes and they can be installed close to the indoor unit. They are well insulated internally.

Standard is a 5m limit between BS box and the indoor unit, although there is an extension accessory to take this up to 15m.

Also worth noting that there is spec calling for a 500mm straight pipe into the BS box. To reduce turbulance and noise I guess.

So the answer to your question would be minimum 1000mm between boxes - with a refnet half way between the pair of them that is.

The BS boxes must be kept up-right for correct flow through the PMVs.

Cheers

Loops

al
04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
loops

Thanks very much for that.

al