View Full Version : Institue of Refrigeration Dinner

Derek
31-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Who's going.....

Nice resentation from Henry Valves president a few years ago

Its fluid NOT gas!

Frosty
31-01-2002, 09:13 PM
I'll be there mate....must try and stick to the orange juice this year though............yeah, in my dreams LOL

Frosty :cool:

Reeferjon
01-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Who, what, where, did someone mention dinner?!!

Derek
01-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Get with the programme!

Seriously

www.ior.org.uk for details

Sadly the preserve of big players doing the corperate sell but the little people can have a table with like minded types. Nice meal, good quality speaker chance to meet / network. Normally ends up at Ronnie Scotts or some other nightspot.

Derek

Reeferjon
04-02-2002, 12:05 PM
Ah-ha
Would be nice but, I always got the impression from these groups, NVQ, C&G that Reefer engineers were just not part of the 'team', most of them won't even bend the rules aeven a little for us.
John

Derek
06-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Come on open up whats the problem.

Institutes exist on members paying money. C&G fills market demand as does NVQ. If you don't ask you don't get..

What do you want?

Reeferjon
06-02-2002, 02:43 PM
We need qualifications relevent to the transport side of the refrigeration industry.
A Reefer engineer has to be able to do all the following with some decree of compitence (no-one is a jack-of-all-trades).

1. Understand the refrigerant cycle and all the bells and whistles that we use.-- 2078, why do we HAVE to demonstrate it on an Hemetic system when 99.9% of our systems are semi, I agree with the basis of 2078 but we use multiple reclaim/ evac etc.

2. Control systems, our control systems are hybrid, they are processor controlled BUT they control refrigeration cycle, engine protection/control/demand and the same for 3 phase drive --- the only modules that we are allowed to add are HGV mechanics??.

3. Refrigeration systems, they are taylored specificaly to either AC/commercial/industrial/domestic etc. -- no way can we modify a module to cover transport systems.
4. Solder bazing, we can use industry std. -- Again we cannot tag a module on for Reefer systems (all pipework is high copper).

So you can see, even though we have tried, the Refrigeration industry in a quaifying capacity still does not allow us to give our engineers an accepted industry standard recoginition for their acheivenments.

What do we want. We want to have a relevent standard that we can acheive and use as part of our job, otherwise why get the qualification.
John.

Derek
06-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Agreed.

Can't argue.

I have guys asking why they have to do C&G when our fluids are high boiling point delivered in drums!!.

I guess the new (Dutch?)handling legislation will help but who's fighting your corner Marshalls?

:cool:

Reeferjon
07-02-2002, 05:26 PM
I guess the new (Dutch?)handling legislation will help but who's fighting your corner Marshalls?

Is that a stament or a suggestion
John

Derek
07-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Neither really just thought with ThermoKing clout and being friends with CRT they might be the only ones big enough and connected enough to ask for changes.

Na your right if it ain't office A/C or supermarket cabinets it ain't big enough to worry about.

Just off to count the number of reefers on the M25 tonight.:eek: