PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

JerrydNH3
30-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello all, nice to find a forum that deals with the right stuff, I am a NH3 operator have been for close to 15 years, smelled a lot of stinky stuff over my career, anyway glad to find you all

Andy
30-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello all, nice to find a forum that deals with the right stuff, I am a NH3 operator have been for close to 15 years, smelled a lot of stinky stuff over my career, anyway glad to find you all
Hi Gerry:)

Welcome to RE:)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Josip
30-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi, JeryydNH3 :)

welcome to RE

Best regards, Josip :)

US Iceman
30-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi JerrydNH3,

Welcome to the RE site. Please feel free to contribute and ask questions.

What kind of systems have you worked on?

What type of facility do you work in now?

JerrydNH3
02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
well i currently work for a dairy plant that produces swiss cheese, small system, 11000 lb charge, single stage, recip compressors, in the past i have worked for a cold storage, 2 stage, several different temps, frick screw compressor, etc, prior to that the meat industry, 2 stage, vilter single screws, etc, many freezing applications, also done a fair share of ***** stuff, walk in coolers, ice machines, roof tops, supermarket coolers etc, i much prefer the NH3 systems, currently working on adding a cooler to our system that is running r-22, also replacing an aged ice builder, with a new plate and frame hx for a chilled water application.

US Iceman
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
...also replacing an aged ice builder, with a new plate and frame hx for a chilled water application.

Was the ice builder running out of capacity due to the operating requirements?

The benefit of using an ice builder is to store the cooling capacity at night when the electricity costs are much cheaper. By using a plate heat exchanger, the cooling load becomes one of instant demand. This puts more load on the system during the daytime, when the capacity is needed the most.

The plate heat exchangers may be cheaper for the installed capacity, but they cost more to run.

JerrydNH3
02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Actually the load on this particular system is greatly reduced from when it was originally installed, it is having mech integrity problems so we decided to put the load on our glycol system by adding addition capacity to the hx, also this will free up much need floor space in an overcrowed machine room.

US Iceman
02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
That makes sense. There is quite a difference in floor space between an ice builder and a plate heat exchanger.

slsammoniaman
09-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi Jerrry. I also am new to the forum and am just beginning to check it out. There are some intersting topics here. You may also want to check out the RETA forum at www.reta.com (http://www.reta.com). It also have topics of discussion. You can never read too many questions and answers to learn!