PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

racemier
30-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Finaly due to our heat wave here in Belgium I bought a split airco.

The unit is equipped with so called quick connections and comes with 4m pipes.
According to the manual you can all install it yourself.
Still I have some questions:

Is it not adviced to have the unit vacumized
I would like to extend the pipes, is this possible?
If yes how is this done best, new pipes with both sides quick connections or remove connections and extend pipes and put connections back on?
The outer unit is filled with gas, what about the inner unit, some say the are filled with compressed air others say they are vacumized?All info is welcome.

Thx

afeef
30-07-2006, 11:54 AM
dear
no vacuum is needed ,,for both outside or inside , just connect the pipes , remember to connect the inside unit first.
some of splits comes with 5 meter long pipes ,
elongate 2 meters more is not that problem , but you must vacuum and charge the pipes , or (if it is not possible ) connect the pipes (after elongate them) and vacuum the whole system
afeef

Brian_UK
30-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi Racemier and welcome.

Your unit will have been pre-charged with refrigerant in all three components, the outdoor unit, the indoor unit and the connecting pipework.

Or.... The outdoor unit will be pre-charged and the other items will be under vacuum - this is unlikely however, go with option one.

If you want to extend the length of the connecting pipework you really should contact a technician who is qualified to to the work which entails:-

Recover refrigerant from the pipeline.
Cut and extend the pipeline.
Pressure test the pipeline.
Evacuate the pipeline.
Recharge the pipeline with the correct amount of refrigerant.

Hope this helps.