PDA

View Full Version : Have I got it right??

Superheatman
29-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Having worked on chillers for the last*** years I am really an ignoramus when it comes to domestic units...waiting to have a conservatory built...5.0x3.5 metres...after listening to the opinions of the younger split guys at work I was torn between a LG unit or a Daikin...have just decided and ordered a 5.0Kw inverter wall mounted Daikin heat pump having been told that they are the dogs nuts....I could have saved a bit by going for the LG although I wasnt too keen on the goldplated coil bit...anyway...it is ordered now....what would you guys have bought for yourself in the same situation..can I look forward to many years of trouble free cooling and heating???..with a little PPM of course...regards..John

chillin out
29-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I would have went for the cheapest I could get.

A/C units are very cheap these days, so if it fails after a few years... get a new one.

Chillin:) :)

frank
29-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I would have went for the cheapest I could get.

A/C units are very cheap these days, so if it fails after a few years... get a new one.

Chillin:) :)

Whats that old saying - "penny wise, pound foolish" :rolleyes:

Ok I suppose if you manage to get it to run for a few years - but LG??? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah aaahhhhhhhh!

Superheatman
29-07-2006, 06:55 PM
LG??? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah aaahhhhhhhh!

I gather that you dont rate LG all that highly then Frank?
Pointless asking you how you rate the Daikin really isnt it...bound to be at the top of your list..

Andy W
29-07-2006, 07:05 PM
You have saved your self a lot of trouble by not going LG, they are rubbish.:(

rbartlett
29-07-2006, 07:24 PM
depending upon the aspect 5kw could well be a tad shy

if south facing -get blinds

cheers

richard

frank
29-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I gather that you dont rate LG all that highly then Frank?
Pointless asking you how you rate the Daikin really isnt it...bound to be at the top of your list..

Not necessarily, but given the problems I've experienced with LG and the comments on this forum from other members about LG it certainly would be foolish to ignore the common opinion about the LG build quailty and reliability issues.

old gas bottle
31-07-2006, 08:17 PM
we fit mitsi elactric,very few problems,just put a 6kw low wall mount in my new sun lounge type extension,trying it out against gas prices this winter, may aswell live with the job,how sad is that!

C_Henderson
02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Daikin was the one! And i agree withn the other guy, a 5.0kw may have been a tad small. conservatories take in a lot of heat all round. especially south east/south facing, but if you're using it mainly for evenings andlate afternoons, it'll probably be fine!:D