PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 38QNL 022

Tiger 05
29-07-2006, 06:29 AM
This thing is giving me a good dose of the well you know

Any way on cooling the comp will run until the cows come home no probs but as soon as it runs in heating it decides to stop on me and go out on internal O/L.

Pressure 1600 Kpa on heating taken at service valve only place to take pressure on the thing.

Changed Reversing valve and the small strainer inside the outdoor unit also the fan sensor on the indoor coil.

Charge has been weighed in.

Anyone else had this problem.

P.S its a love job to boot.

rbartlett
29-07-2006, 06:47 AM
This thing is giving me a good dose of the well you know

Any way on cooling the comp will run until the cows come home no probs but as soon as it runs in heating it decides to stop on me and go out on internal O/L.

Pressure 1600 Kpa on heating taken at service valve only place to take pressure on the thing.

Changed Reversing valve and the small strainer inside the outdoor unit also the fan sensor on the indoor coil.

Charge has been weighed in.

Anyone else had this problem.

P.S its a love job to boot.

Too little information for you let alone us.

remove the charge and braze in a few schrieders so you can get a few readings -or if it's got a lp unscrew and fit a tee etc (although knowing Carrier just a lp in the liquid line (loss of charge)
put one in the discharge and this will enable you to see what's going on/wrong -or at least it's a start.....

cheers

richard