PDA

View Full Version : Ozone Depletion

US Iceman
27-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Found this and thought someone might like to review the topic...

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/index.html

tarcau mihai
28-07-2006, 12:54 AM
tks Iceman for this sites....it realy help me to get the epa certificate!

Larry2
28-07-2006, 03:07 PM
There is a free computer program which is a study guide with practice exams for EPA 608 and 609 certifications. I don't know if the testing is the same in Romania, but certainly the priniples put forth will apply. I found this guide very helpful.

I took the 608 type I certification test online for the nominal $25 cost. I plan to take the next levels soon. Type II, III or universal must be taken in a proctored setting. Here in the states, that is typically by arrangement with a dealer of HVAC gear.

Keep in mind this study material does not make one an HVAC technician or engineer. There is plenty of material to be learned that is not included. The goal of the Certification program is to have you work safely and without venting refrigerants to the skies.

tarcau mihai
28-07-2006, 03:46 PM
tks larry2..i know that if i get the epa certificat i will not become a hvac tehnician or a engineer,but the company where i work request this certificate...i'm interested of universal certificate....i study allready but now i want to be tested....here in romania nobody i guess don't respect the rules regard of venting of refrigerant...there are also company here wich use r12 without recovery machines or something else...once again tks for help.
mihai

MrGeneralLee
29-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Personally I think the change in refrigerants is a profit motive issue, When we used R12 to fill our tires up, and it was cheaper than CO2 the patents ran out and here come the political leaders to create a large new market . so we all can become busy, How much damage does a rocket generate or the clorine from swimming pools

The MG Pony
01-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Very little as A: the chlorine from the pool is scrubbed very quickly by natural means, the rocket fuels last I checked don't really use bromine or chlorine in such a way.

If you think it is that simple brush up on your chemistry and such and you'll see why for your self if not then take my work on the fact that the reason Halon and R-12 where so bad as they where very effective at carrying the chlorine and bromide to the upper atmospheres, and pool type diatomic chlorine form heavy compounds fast that get washed out by clouds.

Needles to say they go from one screw up to another so to speak R-134a has a very high GWP R-152a is much better on both perspectives but hydrocarbons are superior in environment wise aspects and cheaper (Well not any more so much) then most un-natural refrigerants.

Johnny Rod
01-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Why on earth would you fill tyres with R12?

MG's right, and though the refrigeration industry is getting beaten with the same stick as everyone else who used to use CFCs, the environmental problems are very real. Some countries have a different point of view, where they can go on polluting longer than others, but that is most definitely politics.

MG's propane fetish lives on!

Andy
04-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Why on earth would you fill tyres with R12?

MG's right, and though the refrigeration industry is getting beaten with the same stick as everyone else who used to use CFCs, the environmental problems are very real. Some countries have a different point of view, where they can go on polluting longer than others, but that is most definitely politics.

MG's propane fetish lives on!

R502 is much more effective:D

Just kidding, but some tire products, the ones with the sticky stuff that comes out of a cylinder did use refrigerant as the propellant.

Kind Regards Andy:)