PDA

View Full Version : Swimming pool and ice rink is this a match made in heaven

chuffin
27-07-2006, 08:22 PM
My company operates a large swimming pool complex (2370 M3 of water in circulation), directly adjacent to an ice rink which is operated by another copmany.

My annual energy consumption for the pool water heating is 1,798,990 kWh, taken from heat meters.

I am considering using my pool water at 30 centigrade to recover the heat from their cooling plant which uses R407c.

Is the pool water at this temperature suitable for the task or does it need an intermediate heat transfer circuit to achieve the appropriate transfer of heat.

Andy
29-07-2006, 12:09 PM
My company operates a large swimming pool complex (2370 M3 of water in circulation), directly adjacent to an ice rink which is operated by another copmany.

My annual energy consumption for the pool water heating is 1,798,990 kWh, taken from heat meters.

I am considering using my pool water at 30 centigrade to recover the heat from their cooling plant which uses R407c.

Is the pool water at this temperature suitable for the task or does it need an intermediate heat transfer circuit to achieve the appropriate transfer of heat.

Hi Chuffin:)

The rink plant will probably have to have it's head pressure risen to allow it to fully condense the refrigerant. Use it's existing condenser as a subcooler and there will be no energy penalty when doing this.

Kind Regards Andy:)