PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of supermarket equipment

ronsin1
27-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi All,

New to this forum and also new to the supermarket industry just looking for some advice.

I lookfor some maintenance procedures for supermarket refrigeration systems i.e condensers and also condenser rack systems I want to make sure our service technicians are doing this properly

Thanks in advance
Ronald

mr cool
16-08-2006, 11:08 PM
where do we begin, do you want a full service or minimal cost/ min work proceedure. i would clean all oil strainers on all comps( recips only) drop the oil sep and clean the float assy. change the driers and the oil clean condensers check all electrical terminations and correct function of all control and saftey devices fully leak test the system and then clean and de grease the plant as a clean system looks like it has been serviced v well. hope this helps mr cool ps most engineers know what needs to be done just make sure they do it! mr cool

spr2003
25-08-2006, 07:30 AM
You must find the maintenance schedule on the documentation after the plant. The last part of the manufacturer's manual, must talk about cleaning and maintenance.
This following most of the rules in matter of safety and quality controls. Local rules after security pressure valves and gas or liquid vessels.

Gary
13-04-2010, 05:14 PM
You may want to start here:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19701

Being that your primary concern is maintenance, the most important concept for you to master is delta-T's (dT) as these tell you about air and water flows.

Sam Granger
16-04-2010, 09:38 AM
If you are interested in the below, please contact me quoting SAM10 to receive 10% discount.

Fridgefree is the natural solution to refrigerator gel blockages; improving customer experience and revenue protection.
Features:

Discretely installed on the affected drain line
Disrupts the resident bacteria from producing the 'exopolysaccharide' gel
Automatically doses CBIO's proprietorial bio-fluid
The natural bio-fluid works with CBIO's other biological products
Each unit pro-actively managed by CBIO's own engineers
Fit and forget, FridgeFreeTM is battery operated
Benefits:

Ensures free running drains by preventing gel blockages
Prevents shop floor flooding, and therefore minimises trip hazards and lost stock
Does not require expensive mains power
Saves money on expensive reactive drainage call-outs, and protects revenue.
Ensures customers peace of mind
Applications

Gel blockages are a common problem in refrigerator condensate drain lines. FridgeFree is installed on the affected drain line as far from the connection to the main drain as possible to ensure maximum coverage. In some circumstances a double-headed pump can be used to provide effective treatment at two points on the same chiller bank.

andyclaus26
03-05-2010, 03:41 AM
agree with the above, but include checking eff. on all recips, tag amp draw (this way a less experienced tech won't think a comp pulling 20 amps is fine, when it should be pulling 25 due to stuck unloader or valve plate going bad), do an acid test on oil, check and tag hold back, and a9 valves' settings, check subcooler and desuperheater ops...