PDA

View Full Version : I may be spittin in the wind, but...

fix_it_man74
27-07-2006, 03:41 AM
I am working on an old refrigerated glass case, when I powered it up it imeadiately kicked the breaker in the breaker box, arced and smoked. I replaced the condenser fan motor, now the unit will power up and the compressor will run for a 20 to 30 seconds then shut down, then on again and shut down. All other components seem to be working properly, and the sight glass seems to read sufficient refrigerant. Thanks for any help.

ernestlin
27-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Hi, It's may be protected by high/low pressure protector, suggest you check the high/low pressure.

tarcau mihai
27-07-2006, 06:34 AM
hy ! you can check also the relay start of the compressor ar the capacitor..

Andy
27-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I am working on an old refrigerated glass case, when I powered it up it imeadiately kicked the breaker in the breaker box, arced and smoked. I replaced the condenser fan motor, now the unit will power up and the compressor will run for a 20 to 30 seconds then shut down, then on again and shut down. All other components seem to be working properly, and the sight glass seems to read sufficient refrigerant. Thanks for any help.

Hi fix it:)

the compressor bimetal klixon for over current, could it possibly be cutting out:confused:

Using a clamp meter I would check the compressor run amps:)

Kind Regards Andy:)