PDA

View Full Version : concreting heat source HP

Lc_shi
27-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Hi Sirs
I've read an article about one new type heat pump which use water concreting heat as heat source. It's new for me. Who know the idea more in depth? welcome your input.

regards
LC

US Iceman
27-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi LC,

Can you provide a short description of the system you are describing? Perhaps a link to an address.

Thanks.

Peter_1
27-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Isn't it so that the coils are embedded in the concrete piles (mostly verticla drilled and filled afterwards with concrete) they make underground as a fundation for the whole building?
Do once a search on heat piles or energy piles

http://www.senternovem.nl/mmfiles/Artikel%20Cadett_tcm24-151799.pdf

If that was what you were looking for Lichuan.

US Iceman
28-07-2006, 12:32 AM
LC,

...which use water concreting heat as heat source

Are describing the heat of hydration from concrete as it dries?

There would be a lot of heat available from this, and the cooling from a heat pump would be beneficial to maintain the concrete at a constant temperature to prevent cracking.

See link below...

http://www.cement.org/tech/pdfs/pl972.pdf

However, if this is what you are describing, the heat is dissipated after the chemical reactions slows down and stops. At that point, you would have a big mass of concrete to absorb heat from the water in a dam.

Just a guess on my part.;)

Lc_shi
28-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Hi both
I read the article again.Its principle is as you said above but the heat source is the freezing heat from cold water.
As we know,it's too little sensible heat to get from cold water(2~4C),4.19kJ/kg.C,but the freezing heat is 335kJ/kg which make cold water possible as a heat source.
It's only in patent stage ,there should be many issue to solve.
thanks for your good comment :)

best regards
LC

US Iceman
28-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi LC,

If the system you are describing is using a heat pump to extract the latent heat from water to make ice, this has been done before.

About 25 years ago I worked on a research and development project doing this same thing.

We circulated water on to evaporators plates to generate a sheet of ice. The evaporator plates were periodically defrosted to release the sheets of ice.

The sheets of ice dropped down into a tank of water. The ice accumulated in this tank. The water which was sprayed on the evaporator plates was pumped from this same tank.

When air conditioning was required, the ice water was circulated to a cooling coil to cool the house/office.

The heat from freezing the water into ice was used for hot water, or heating of the house/office.

richardb14
13-08-2006, 10:42 AM
in Germany there is a company called Roth industries that produce This. the idea is that whilst cooling the sections they are also using the stored heat to provide 100% heating for the hot water through the heat pump.

its basically geothermal but using the concrete as the heat source rather than the ground / air. works quite well so i am told but has no close control.

in the office environment through the day it is quite cool and the concrete absorbs all the heat, heat pump runs through the night again to cool concrete sects (on cheap tariff) all heat transferred to hot water cylinder(s) through heat exchanger to indirect primary coil.