PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Sizing New Unit For Walk In

refermadness
25-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what HP condensing unit I should order for a walk in that we would like to keep at 35 degrees farenheit. The box demensions are 18ft 6in X 18ft 6in. This box at one time was a freezer with 2 condensers & 2 evaps, one compressor died and they left the other one running and used it as a cooler. I am in Walnut Creek california and it gets up to 115 degrees in the summer. Thanks in advance for your input. refermadness

Rajeevcoldtech
26-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what HP condensing unit I should order for a walk in that we would like to keep at 35 degrees farenheit. The box demensions are 18ft 6in X 18ft 6in. This box at one time was a freezer with 2 condensers & 2 evaps, one compressor died and they left the other one running and used it as a cooler. I am in Walnut Creek california and it gets up to 115 degrees in the summer. Thanks in advance for your input. refermadness

provid full dimensions L*w*h
and what about ambient temperature there

Victorman
14-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello :
The load of the product you are putting in the walk-in cooler will determine the size of the condensing unit.

old gas bottle
15-08-2006, 07:45 AM
sounds like you could adapt most of what you have providing its in servicable condition, just of the top of my head i would think a gas change to possibly R134A and expansion valves,driers etc assuming the existing unit is multi gas,poss oil change,one new unit to match the cooler[ask your wholesaler] do away with the electric defrost and put them on off cycle, i would rewire it also dissconecting things like door heaters,prv, etc. should make a good chiller with the extra insulation etc.

Peter_1
15-08-2006, 12:54 PM
If you could rewrite or edit our post in SI units, then I can possible give some recommendations.

Samarjit Sen
15-08-2006, 02:14 PM
If you can provide what temperature and Humidity you propose to maintain now inside the Walk In unit, the Products that is proposed to be kept, the product incoming temperature, the Walk In Wall, ceiling and floor insulation materials and thickness, then I might be able to suggest you the suitable capacity of the refrigeration plant.