PDA

View Full Version : York chiller system trouble shoot

lawrence7435
25-07-2006, 06:05 PM
hi guys, can anyone help me to solve the the problem i m facing.i m working out a york chiller system model:yca 112. the system trip when compressor cut in.LED display show MP/HPCO. as what i found out is the liquid line solenoid valves is off. but after measure from the PCB board, there is no command from the system. i had really a hard time figuring out this incident.hope someone out there will assist me .thanks you:)

mgtet
30-07-2006, 09:17 PM
some chillers have pump down start so the fact that the solenoid valve is n't energized may well be normal. I would check the motor protection module inside the compressor terminal box, i have had several fail due to dry joints on the pcb.

wolf
31-07-2006, 10:30 AM
take off power from compressor and start unit if system is not triping your compressor is faulty

SIGNSTU
17-01-2007, 03:50 PM
On Alot Of York Systems The Liquid Line Solenoid Closes And The Comp. Shuts Down On Low Suction, So Have No Power To The Valve Is Normal

iceman3412
06-03-2007, 06:54 PM
try the current transformer, if it starts and the ct recognises there is no current drawn it may shut the compressor out.
start the compressor and put you amp probe and compare that with what the ct is saying