PDA

View Full Version : Superheat,ondensing Temprature,subcooling

HAROON
25-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi,
Once Again On Fundementals,i Want To Know Superheat,condensing Temprature,subcooling,total Super Heat And Pressure Drop Defnitions How To Caculate, Plz Give Me Examples. I Thank All You Brothers Who Are Doing Excellent Work To Interact The Knowledge.may GOD Be Pleased With Yourself.thankyou.

Larry2
27-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Subcooling:

Measure the liquid line temperature at the condensor outlet. Measure the pressure there on your refrigeration service gauge. Look at the temperature scale on your gauge for the refrigerant you're system uses. Subtract the difference. That is the subcooling.

For instance with Refrigerant 22 if you have a liquid line temperature of 100F and the gauge reads 225 PSIG, look on the R22 temp scale of your gauge, you'll see it says 107*. Take 107 less 100, you have 7 degrees subcooling. This is the amount cooler the refrigerant actually is than it would need to be for it to be in liquid form at that pressure.

Superheat:

Superheat is the same thing, just the other way round. Measure evaporator suction line temperature and pressure. Let say you have 65 psig and temp of 50 degrees. Look at the R22 scale across from 65 psig, you get 37F. Take 50 less 37 gives you 13* superheat. This is the amount warmer that the refrigerant is than it would need to be for it to be in gaseous form for that pressure.

HAROON
28-07-2006, 09:27 AM
hi lary,

thank you for your support

jazakallah