PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HELP

Bakerbj
24-07-2006, 10:52 PM
First split I've ever put in, but i'm a bit confused, The felx cable fromt he indoor unit, I take it this is a the power cord and it needs a 3 core + earth to link the two together ???? Not to clear in the instructions

Brian_UK
24-07-2006, 10:55 PM
WHOA!, STOP!

Just read the installation instructions carefully.

Normally, but not absolute, power to outdoor unit, link power from outdoor to indoor unit; separate cable with control connection between indoor and outdoor unit.

If you can give details of the model then we might be able to provide more detailed information.

Bakerbj
24-07-2006, 11:00 PM
its a srk 28,

Bakerbj
24-07-2006, 11:00 PM
It has a flex hard wired in and there is a 4 point terminal block on both the indoor and outdoor units

leftjobrunning
24-07-2006, 11:16 PM
A lot of the newer smaller splits have the mains into the indoor and then to the outdoor.
If there is a flex coming out of the indoor unit, this would lead me to believe that this is the case here.

gwilliamson
24-07-2006, 11:45 PM
First split I've ever put in, but i'm a bit confused, The felx cable fromt he indoor unit, I take it this is a the power cord and it needs a 3 core + earth to link the two together ???? Not to clear in the instructions

Three core goes to spur/plug (yes i know it shouldn't really go to a plug but i am sure it will!)

Connect 4 core cable which you will supply your self from the indoor unit to the outdoor compressor. They are number 1,2,3,4 in both units.

Hope this helps.

mick2me
24-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Which SRK28 is it ZD (Inverter)?

Are you saying...
Mains feed into the Inside Unit from power supply,
Then Live, Neutral, Control and earth to the Outside unit?
Thats opposite to the Daikin method?:confused:

So surely both cables would need to be at least 2.5mm. Low power unit fed first? Full load runs via the inside unit?

Still needs local emergency isolation close to the outside unit (20a Disconnector switch) Breaking only Live an Neutral? (Not earth & control wire) of the linking cable.

Bakerbj
24-07-2006, 11:48 PM
thanks for that, didn't want to make a tit of my self o nthe first job. Also in the instructions is says to lag both the liquid and gas pipes in the same insulation ? shouldnt they be seperatly lagged ?

frank
25-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Are you saying...
Mains feed into the Inside Unit from power supply,
Then Live, Neutral, Control and earth to the Outside unit?
Thats opposite to the Daikin method?:confused:

So surely both cables would need to be at least 2.5mm. Low power unit fed first? Full load runs via the inside unit?

Still needs local emergency isolation close to the outside unit (20a Disconnector switch) Breaking only Live an Neutral? (Not earth & control wire) of the linking cable.

On some small wall units, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Hitachi & Daikool among others, all come with a power cord attached to the indoor unit for connection into a local supply. The interconnecting cable then supplies power/reversing valve/cond fan to the outdoor. As they run at low amps, (4/5A) 1.5mm cable is normally sufficient as this is rated for 19A.

Local isolation at the outdoor is necessary to comply with BS7671.

mick2me
25-07-2006, 11:17 AM
On some small wall units, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Hitachi & Daikool among others, all come with a power cord attached to the indoor unit for connection into a local supply. The interconnecting cable then supplies power/reversing valve/cond fan to the outdoor. As they run at low amps, (4/5A) 1.5mm cable is normally sufficient as this is rated for 19A.

Local isolation at the outdoor is necessary to comply with BS7671.

Thanks Frank

If I ever get this Daikin installed, A Mitsubishi SRK**ZD may be my purchase, for upstairs.

Bakerbj
26-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Installed it and work a treat, the cable is the power cable. H*P said you can just stick a 13a plug on the end, but i wired into a fused spur