PDA

View Full Version : VRV or Chilled Water

vicky_pillai
24-07-2006, 04:52 PM
hai can you help me
1]what is the main advantage &dis advantages between VRV & chiller units

frank
24-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Basically, both do multi areas, either heating or cooling.

Basic difference I suppose is that to cool or heat 1 area with a chilled water circuit you have to energise the whole chiller and water circuit which can take a lot of energy.

With VRV/VRF you can do the same job with much less energy input.

Andy
24-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Basically, both do multi areas, either heating or cooling.

Basic difference I suppose is that to cool or heat 1 area with a chilled water circuit you have to energise the whole chiller and water circuit which can take a lot of energy.

With VRV/VRF you can do the same job with much less energy input.

Seen some designs for 4 pipe systems. Two chilled water pipes two hot water pipes to the same unit with two three port valves for change over.

Also you can buy chillers not that give hot and cold water out at the same time, with the left over heat in the summertime used for domestic hot water:)

Please see link before for the chillers we would use on such an installation.

http://www.rhoss.com/schedaprodotto.asp?scheda=77

You can find fan coils and all the usual, same as VRF except chilled water.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Renato RR
25-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Design engeneear yob is to do stratification.Everyting you heard or conclude to easy leads to mistake.Every project needs some brain exercise and each project is special for it self.

Renato

Abby Normal
26-07-2006, 02:44 AM
With VRV you still need to put in a fresh air ventilation system,in my locale it could mean an ERV system. With chilled water the fresh air ventialtion system can be incorporated into some central station air handlers. Copper is a little pricey lately.