PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Air-con Problem

oddjob
24-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Can any of you guys help.I have 2 Hitachi a/c units (both are Utopia systems), controlled by 2 seperate controll pads. If the systems are shut off overnight when switched on the following morning they run for a short time then shut down with the following fault code: A0 E0 O1 on the key pad. the A0 is the unit address but what is the E0?. I think the 01 is safety circuit but all fuses in the cassette are ok.The condesors only run slowly when they start up do you think they might be low on gas or could there be a probe fault? Anyone got any ideas? Also all voltages are o.k. and the units are about 6 years old.

superswill
24-07-2006, 04:54 PM
http://airconwarehouse.co.uk/pdf/utopia%20error%20codes.pdf

a few usefull fault codes to help you

indoor float switch maybe? ie dirty drip pan,faulty pump?

anyone1 agree?

Jase
24-07-2006, 07:40 PM
EO: european model manufacture
01: high level drip tray.Maybe there is a common condensate pump used for both units that is not operating.

Regards
Jase

oddjob
24-07-2006, 09:30 PM
thanx jase/superswill i will look at the drip tray as soon as poss,also i forgot to mention that if the condensors are switched off on the isolators and you request just FAN ONLY on the cassette the same fault occurs.

Brian_UK
24-07-2006, 10:15 PM
If the drain tray is 'flooded' then it will report the fault whatever mode you select.

When the system is switched off at night is the power left on or is someone isolating the whole system electrically as well?

mgtet
30-07-2006, 09:37 PM
an 01 fault code is indoor unit fault, i agree with other posts that the problem is with condensate water. some installations wire the external condensate pump safety switch into the unit. Other possibilities are indoor fan motor and pcb but with two units having the same fault i would think this would be unlikely. When you turn off the condensing units you will get an 01 or an 02 fault code as the indoor pcb detects milliamps through control ciruit.

Lamfxs
10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi I know its an old problem but recently I found a great tech support. I found some great solution about this subject they have lots of different models and I am sure you can find some information there like I did.

fixya.com

good luck

Lee

electrickarl
11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
does any one know what P3 fault code is on Hitachi

electrickarl
11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks I will try it out

Inverter man
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
P3 is not an alarm code but a protection code (as all P codes are) to keep the system operating within design limits.
P3 is inverter compressor current protection, when the compressor motor has reached its maximumum current its speed or frequency will not be increased and may be reduced by the PCB brains. This is quite normal to see this code as for example the load on the unit may be high so this protection stops the compressor from drawing excessive current and therefore protects the inverter module. I think your unit may be a RAS-HVRNE or RAS-HRNE. The current limits are thus:- SINGLE PHASE UNITS (HVRNE) 2 and 2.5 HP=11.0A, 3.0 HP= 14.5A,4.0 HP= 20.0 A, 5.0 HP= 25.0 A. THREE PHASE UNITS (HRNE) 4.0HP= 8.5 A, 5.0HP= 10.5 A, 6.0HP= 10.5 A.
Hope this helps.

freezy
12-05-2008, 01:46 AM
hi

If you shut the power down to the outdoor units, arent you also shutting down the crankcase heaters.

Possibly causing the compressor some mischief?