PDA

View Full Version : Frosting Over Problem In Domestic Fridge

Leisure
23-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem. I have a New Frost technology fridge and recently I had to do some painting in my kitchen so I moved it out of its place and covered it with a tarpaulin whilst leaving it switched on.

I must have left it for a couple of days like that until I realised that the tarpaulin was rather hot at the back. Moreover, the fridge developed a frosting over inside which became quite heavy. I defrosted it but it has since redeveloped. Meanwhile I feel that the fridge is not cooling as much as before.

Yet again today I removed the frost build up by placing a fan onto it and it just came off but I have noticed that its frosting over once more.

Can anyone please help with some solution or identifying what could be wrong please?

Thanks

Andy
29-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem. I have a New Frost technology fridge and recently I had to do some painting in my kitchen so I moved it out of its place and covered it with a tarpaulin whilst leaving it switched on.

I must have left it for a couple of days like that until I realised that the tarpaulin was rather hot at the back. Moreover, the fridge developed a frosting over inside which became quite heavy. I defrosted it but it has since redeveloped. Meanwhile I feel that the fridge is not cooling as much as before.

Yet again today I removed the frost build up by placing a fan onto it and it just came off but I have noticed that its frosting over once more.

Can anyone please help with some solution or identifying what could be wrong please?

Thanks

Hi Leisure:)

the radiator at the back is where the heat from the inside of the fridge is wasted to air.

If you cover this it is like covering the radiator in your car, it eventually will overheat and damage the compressor:(

Another posibility is the oil in the compresor has been overheated and has broken down partially blocking the capillary device that meters the refrigerant flow into the evaporator, causing poor refrigerant distribution and icing up of the fridge evaporator inside.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards Andy:)

chillin out
29-07-2006, 03:20 PM
LLLOOLLL....what a muppet.

Is it a fridge freezer? if so...
The coil behind the plastic cover where your ice is builind up will be a solid block of ice. Just switch it off for a day and let it defrost completely.

If it's just a fridge then it's probably okay just keep the door closed and stop "watching" it.

Chillin:) :)

SHERYCOOL
06-08-2006, 03:15 PM
you want to check if fan work ok then switch fridge off for longe time to defrost all ice fome coil .

Abe
06-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi

recently I had to do some painting in my kitchen so I moved it out of its place and covered it with a tarpaulin whilst leaving it switched on.

I must have left it for a couple of days like that until I realised that the tarpaulin was rather hot at the back.

Thanks

I dont do domestic, but the person who called is a freind of my missus......need I say more?

I get to site, freezer is outdoors, inside a small wooden shed........tight fit.......both doors bolted......Like a sauna in there.

I open both doors wide open.......stick a bedroom type fan aiming straight at compressor.........Let it blow...........

I think I just about managed to save the compressor.............and the ice lollies
:)

fridg
25-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi

Thanks

As Andy has said it could be an oil problem.

Or even worse the foam insulation between the fridge walls might be sweating causing the moisture to freeze
on the inside of the cabinet.

Where is it frosting up ?
On the sides , or on the metal plate at the back ?

knighty
25-08-2006, 08:59 PM
might have a fan on the inside that is now broken after it's been covered in ice ?

chilly
26-08-2006, 01:52 AM
I agree with most of above, Its iced up in places you cannot see for sure.

Leave it switched of for at least 2 days with the door left ajar.

Id bet my pudding it will work ok after.