PDA

View Full Version : Little Help with a Aquarium Chiller

Superbee
22-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I'd like to Build one not becuase i'm cheap but for the Challange, I do need one!
I pickup a couple window Air units from Work for $10 they are 220v both 12500 BTU i think this would be over kill but should be able to Impervise

I could mod the evaporator into a Box but if down the road i want to use the windows air unit or sell it i can

What i would like to do is make a coil that can be droped in the water i have seen these but can't get a very good look at one, from what i see is theres only one tube (low side) going in the water? HOW are they doing that? i don't see a High Side line at has to have one!

Any Help would be geat
Thanks

The MG Pony
22-07-2006, 07:23 PM
the cappilery is inside the suction line, I'll direct you to a site where we mod thes things all the time.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155 < This is the place for you.

Peter_1
22-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Also a good day to you Superbee.

Superbee
22-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Hello Peter.

Where can i buy this line at?
or do i have to make it, that would be a little harder
or maybe buy just the coil only

One of the unit has a copper evaporator i beleave that the other is ALU

From what i under stand is you can't install the copper in the tank it will kill the fish over time?

I rember the Overclocking Days that was a couple years ago for me got my 2.8 to run stable at 4.445 for 96 hours

The MG Pony
22-07-2006, 08:30 PM
the line is assembled by the installer; Copper I don't know, no better then Alu; but you can buy stainless steel evap coils from eBay and such.

You could buy a sealed off stainless steel pip section and wrap the copper around it to make a chill cell. lots of ways of making an isolated coil.