PDA

View Full Version : A/c

HAMUD
22-07-2006, 08:41 AM
HI. I WANT TO ASK HOW YO CLCLUATE REFRIGERATION CAPACITY IF IHAVE COLD STORE HAS DIMENSION 16 MLONG 7M WIDTH & 6M HIGHT
HOW MANY TON CAPACITY I NEED TO THIS STORE & HOW MANY COMPRESSOR I NEED & CUILD ANY ONE EXPLAIN FOR ME HOW TO CONVERT FROM TON REFRIGERATION TO KCAL/Hr & to hours power
for ex. 10 ton refrigeration capacity and what is the pipe size use for both side suctrion & dishargeline

Brian_UK
22-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi and welcome Hamud, that's a large question that you are asking all in one go.

SACHIN
12-10-2006, 06:10 AM
HI hamud.
You have really put a lot of questions.
I can help you only in conversion factors.
1 Ton of Refrigeration=3010.03Kcal/hr
and
1 Ton of Refrigeration=0.819 Horse Power.
I hope this will help you.

SACHIN
12-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Dear Hamud.
The number of compressors you need for your cold storage room depends on the calculated capacity and the capacity of compressors available. So first you need to calculate the refrigeration capacity and then go for the number of compressors.
So far the calculation of capacity is concerned, it depends upon a number of factors like the temperature required in the room which in turn depends upon the commodity being stored. Also it depends on the the conditions of the atmosphere surrounding the store room.
Hope this information help you.
Sachin

Josip
12-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi, Hamud :)

HI. I WANT TO ASK HOW YO CLCLUATE REFRIGERATION CAPACITY IF IHAVE COLD STORE HAS DIMENSION 16 MLONG 7M WIDTH & 6M HIGHT
HOW MANY TON CAPACITY I NEED TO THIS STORE & HOW MANY COMPRESSOR I NEED & CUILD ANY ONE EXPLAIN FOR ME HOW TO CONVERT FROM TON REFRIGERATION TO KCAL/Hr & to hours power
for ex. 10 ton refrigeration capacity and what is the pipe size use for both side suctrion & dishargeline

Check this links posted by Peter_1:

You can do the conversion with a free software program Uconeer
You can find it on http://www.katmarsoftware.com/uconeer.htm#download
Or you can use the spreadsheet of Dan posted on http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...0617#post50617 post 6.

Also see attached files, this will give you some idea where to start with calculation (sorry it is in IP units but with Uconeer or some other tool you can do conversions;)

When you have all answers then we can help with calculation and other technical specs.

Hope this will help,

Best regards, Josip :)

Renato RR
12-10-2006, 12:53 PM
What caind of insulation do you use?
What is with doors?
Which are the climate conditions outdors?
Which temperature and RH you need in room?
What is stored in room and in what quantity?

That is for start.
Renato