PDA

View Full Version : FH4518Y comp faulty

Jus Walker
19-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Just got back from a job tonight which got my blood pumping. Went to this job 2 days ago. Cellar cooling NWP. Checked out unit to find compressor overloading on internal overload and run capacitor blown. Changed cap, but still faulty. Ordered new compressor. Arrived today. Installed tonight, everything going well. Switched on, started to clean out condenser fins and compressor stopped. 60 seconds running time and tripped out on internal overload! Checked out to find relay in electrics box this compressor came with wired wrong! Start and run cable wrong way round! Correctly sorted out, turned on, and nothing! Compressor red hot! left it to cool down. Went back to switch on and the same, nothing! Power to it but nothing happening, compressor getting hot. Cant believe it. Customer very unhappy. Never had anything like that before. Run 60 seconds and now faulty. Taken off service rotar valves and you can smell burn out, Now I very unhappy.

Has anyone had same experience?

Andy W
19-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I had a couple of single phase Prestcold condensing units wired wrong some years ago but that just blew the fuse, how was yours actually wired wrong? I fitted a condensing unit last night on R22 and on start up the liquid line was very hot and almost on the point of tripping on HP due to the heat load of the cellar, I had to sit there for an extra 1.5 hours with a water sprayer on the condenser to get the head pressure down and to give the cellar a much needed helping hand to reduce the load, easy to ruin a new compressor particularly when charging up with gas on a hot day.