PDA

View Full Version : L.G A/c Problem! Help!!!!

Jus Walker
18-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me!
Last year I installed 4 3phase L.g cassettes in a function room. From the word go these have been a problem. Within 2 months these sytems intermitently trip on the hard wired remote. CH03 flashes, this is a comunication error between remote and indoor unit. I got in touch with L.g and they told me to make sure I installed the remote cable away from any other electrical cable, incase of interferance. I changed the cable for specail data cable used for that purpose. but the symptoms still occur. CH03 falsh on different remotes. 1 day on 1 remote few days later on another. But ! now CH01 is now flashing. Which is indoor unit thermistor problam. Can anyone help! PLEASE! have not got the model numbers to hand, but they are 12kw heat pump sytems. When they operate they are perfect. The customer has also told me that 1 remote sometimes goes blank, and he has to switch it back on on the remote. Hope to hear some answers. Thanks!

Andy W
18-07-2006, 08:16 PM
LG told me about the data cable to the remote to close to other electrical items which was nonsense, a couple of things that can cause an LG to work erratically, fluorescant (sp) tubes can sometimes make the electronics do strange things as well as the on board electrostatic air filter.

Is each machine operated by its own remote controller or are all 3 group controlled, I once went to 3 LG cassettes in a call centre which were acting up, tripping, icing up, the problem was 2 of the machines had the interconnecting cables crossed, the pipe work was ok just the cables, rectified this and it worked fine..........until the condenser fan blades worked loose on all 3 and damaged the fins.

Jus Walker
18-07-2006, 08:45 PM
yes, each has its own remote.

Andy W
18-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Are the cassettes close together or well spred out, are the remote controls set for air handler sensor, remote controller sensor or mean average of the 2 sensors. I recently had a fault code for communication error, I checked all the plugs on the air handler and swapped the 2 remote pads over expecting the other one now to fail etc, but the problem never reared its ugly head again, one thing I will warn you about on LG's is the fan speed control boards and condenser fan motor capacitors, a regular failure.

Abe
19-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Are the cassettes close together or well spred out, are the remote controls set for air handler sensor, remote controller sensor or mean average of the 2 sensors. I recently had a fault code for communication error, I checked all the plugs on the air handler and swapped the 2 remote pads over expecting the other one now to fail etc, but the problem never reared its ugly head again, one thing I will warn you about on LG's is the fan speed control boards and condenser fan motor capacitors, a regular failure.

Andy

Next time you on an LG job, would you mind taking a pic of an LG condenser fan speed controller board and posting on here......

How to you check the condenser fan capacitors , do u carry a spare and swop? and see if fan runs?

Thx

Andy W
19-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Andy

Next time you on an LG job, would you mind taking a pic of an LG condenser fan speed controller board and posting on here......

How to you check the condenser fan capacitors , do u carry a spare and swop? and see if fan runs?

ThxHi Abe, I use a battery operated cap tester that I have had for years, the first sign of a faulty capacitor is that the fan spins the opposite direction, not due to the air stream from the other fan which can be proved by disconnecting the good fan.

Regarding the fan speed controller going faulty, the symptons are no fans running and the compressor baking hot and blowing off on the internal pressure relief valve or burnt out compressor, I have spoken to my dealer about updated revised versions of the board but they are still identical and still failing, I have one 14 kw machine that has had 3 failed boards, my dealer said by pass it and forget it, I still have not had a penny from LG, no onecares.

I have a board on my bench in the workshop, when I get 5 I will photograph it.

Jus Walker
19-07-2006, 09:12 PM
the cassettes are evenly spread in a square room. what do you mean about air handler sensor?

dunty
19-07-2006, 09:24 PM
hey guys,i know thyre **** and cheap but..from the last 7 LG installs weve done,there has been 3 faulty compressors and 2 condensing units with no refrigerant charge at all upon delivery..im wondering if anyone else has had this many probs..

Andy W
19-07-2006, 10:25 PM
im wondering if anyone else has had this many probs..Read some of my previous posts!:(

Andy W
19-07-2006, 10:29 PM
what do you mean about air handler sensor?The wall mounted hard wired controller has 3 options via an internal slide switch one being to control via the the sensor built inside the controller (only suitable if the controller is in the room been conditioned) another way is to use the air handler sensor by the evaporator fan which will sense return air or a final option is using both sensors and working on a mean average of the 2, the installation and commissioning page explains this but not very clear, there is also another slide switch for high or low ceiling height to make the fan run faster when the ceiling is higher, it electronically alters the hertz.

Abe
20-07-2006, 01:17 AM
hey guys,i know thyre **** and cheap but..from the last 7 LG installs weve done,there has been 3 faulty compressors and 2 condensing units with no refrigerant charge at all upon delivery..im wondering if anyone else has had this many probs..

The refrigerant charge has " been suspect" on a couple I installed.

Only after I weighed in correct amount, did they operate satisfactory.

I raised my eyebrows then, as the amount I reclaimed was far less then what should have been in

You have just confirmed my suspicions

Abe
20-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Another prob I encountered, were leaky schraeder valves on the access ports