PDA

View Full Version : Heatwave!!

kris
16-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Great news !! Heatwave warning for the next few days, better charge the phone and get an early night before the fun begins! wonder what time the first call will be from the customer that rang during the last hot spell and was so desperate for an a/c unit........that could we just drop one off and we will sort the paperwork out later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! funny how he never got round to the paperwork as soon as the heatwave passed.

djbe
16-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the customer that was desperate to get his knackered old air handling units in some kind of fit state as everyone was wilting in the factory. Don't worry about the cost just fix it they said we'll sort the order numbers later.

Still waiting for them to sort the order numbers, and is there any chance that we could split the bill over 3 months 'cause it's just blown their maintenance budget!!

old gas bottle
18-07-2006, 09:22 PM
got new kit in the unit waiting over two weeks now for that "how soon emergency job"

Tiger 05
20-07-2006, 10:12 AM
What ambient Temps are you expecting?

slingblade
20-07-2006, 10:26 AM
It was about 37 deg c yesterday.

Tiger 05
20-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Sensational gotta love it. How long will it last ?

slingblade
20-07-2006, 09:09 PM
it would suit me if it was snowing by sunday, but it looks like its going to be warm here for a while.

kris
20-07-2006, 10:33 PM
server room at 40+ deg due to units tripping on hp, outdoor air on at 44deg! fans to full speed and buckets of water over the coil to get the room down before the centre manager tripped on hp as well as his equiptment.

roll on winter

Tiger 05
21-07-2006, 08:54 AM
roll on winter

C'mon you know you love it, I was hoping for winter here on new years day this year but now its about 10*C outside raining and im contemplating by belly button lint.

The hotter the better you know it makes sense
:D

djbe
21-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Try 61 degrees C in a roof void.

Brian_UK
21-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Try 61 degrees C in a roof void.Nope!

A little tip for anyone who doesn't already know it....

Carrying a bottle of water in the van normaly means drinking hot water at the moment, but....

If you stick the bottle of water in the freezer the night before you start off with a bottle of ice which I have found will stay cold until about lunchtime.

Slim R410a
22-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Nope!

A little tip for anyone who doesn't already know it....

Carrying a bottle of water in the van normaly means drinking hot water at the moment, but....

If you stick the bottle of water in the freezer the night before you start off with a bottle of ice which I have found will stay cold until about lunchtime.

lol, Iv'e been fiiting 3 splits in a bookies this week and they had a chilled water dispenser in there! Think I went through a whole bottle!:D

slingblade
22-07-2006, 01:49 PM
lol, Iv'e been fiiting 3 splits in a bookies this week and they had a chilled water dispenser in there! Think I went through a whole bottle!:D

Thats winter work, try an average of 8 service calls a day to chillers at plastics factories based at opposing ends of the country which were scrap 15 years ago and only designed to run in an ambient of 32 deg c in the first place, with water at 45 deg c. and compressors glowing red with discharge pipework that can set fire to asbestos at ten yards. still, the air con in my car is fine at least, it gets serviced every year by a bloke with one of those little red and blue clock lookalike things with the tubes and the little hand wheels and a green bottle with gas in it or something.

Peter_1
22-07-2006, 07:02 PM
and compressors glowing red with discharge pipework that can set fire to asbestos at ten yards. still, the air con in my car is fine at least, it gets serviced every year by a bloke with one of those little red and blue clock lookalike things with the tubes and the little hand wheels and a green bottle with gas in it or something.
Slingblade, if you ever stop refrigeration, you can start as a standup comedian.

The MG Pony
22-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Ack 36C out doors and dam well 40 indoors and I do not wish to think of a roof voide (Thats when you realy know you need to get out more! ) lol

acgibo
24-07-2006, 11:08 PM
PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEED TO ORDER PARTS?????????? sound familiar lmao, they always ask ...how long will they be then?? and i tell the same story to all of them..

I went to decommision a compressor in january this year and the previous engineers sticker said
"COMP OUT OF USE 26-1-01" SO IF YOU GET IT FIXED THIS YEAR YOU WILL BE LUCKY.:D :D :D