PDA

View Full Version : idiots stored my new fridge upside down!

Milthorp
15-07-2006, 07:24 PM
You guys are the experts, so tell me, if my brand new Whirlpool a/c domestic fridge (still in its packaging, never connected to water or power) has been stored UPSIDE down for 5 days - is it ruined?

Thanks for your help!:(

Raven
15-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi Milthorp,
If your fridge was stored upside down when you
received it and you have not pluged it in to the power
supply it should be ok.Leave it in the upright position for
at least 24Hrs.so the oil from the motor compressor
that went to the evaporator can return to the compressor.The motor compressor is mounted on
springs inside the housing and if they have not dislodged
it should be ok.
Best of Luck,
Cheers,
Raven

Brian_UK
15-07-2006, 10:22 PM
As Raven said it MIGHT be OK but I would suggest that you get it replaced by the fools who turned it upside down.

slingblade
16-07-2006, 12:01 PM
You guys are the experts, so tell me, if my brand new Whirlpool a/c domestic fridge (still in its packaging, never connected to water or power) has been stored UPSIDE down for 5 days - is it ruined?

Thanks for your help!:(

LOL. no it should be fine, but when the main pcb starts exploding every 48 hours it might be time to buy something else. sorry to be so full of doom but this comes from personal experience.

mr cool
18-07-2006, 12:37 AM
as the boys said turn it the right way up and leave it alone for 24hrs then turn it on and all being well it should spring into life, if not get the silly sods to bring you a new one and this time make sure they can read the this way up label!

jamcool
18-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Have them turn it right-side-up and have them plug it in:D but it should be ok.