PDA

View Full Version : Car compressor

Cofreth
14-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Would wish to consult the mobile air-con expert here,how to check the car air-con compressor oil level, whether sufficient or insuffcient, thank you. :D

nova
16-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm not an expert what comes to car a/c's. For me, your question is more or less futile (if I may say so) as there's no accurate way to check the car a/c compressor oil level on a working system w/o removing the compressor/refrigerant/flushing the system... and still... it'd no accurate and it already cost you 100$ or so... :D

Basic prodecure would be to warm the evaporator enough to bring back the oil to the compressor.. and then...? :)

Erik Detroit
16-07-2006, 03:12 PM
It's very difficult to do so, the entire oil charge just circulates with the refrigerant. If the amount of oil is totally unknown, and you fear that it may be too low, then the system must be flushed, receiver/drier replaced and then the proper amount of oil added. For servicing technicians usually take a guess at how much oil was removed with a component change and add that amount back in.

Sorry, but it's not a convenient thing to do.

TRONG BACH
02-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Dear all,

I want to know difficult of used R134a and CO2 on automobile? what refrigerant is best?
Thanks
Trong Bach

Ronny
09-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Would wish to consult the mobile air-con expert here,how to check the car air-con compressor oil level, whether sufficient or insuffcient, thank you. :D

Hi,

normally the oil is distributed inside the complete ac-loop. According to this fact it is impossible to do a proper oil balance on a used system without flushing this one. Additionally you have to drain the compressor over the crank case (CC) screw and the suction and discharge port.

If you have a completely new one it is o.k. to drain this one by removing the CC-screw. Approx 20 to 35ml oil will remain inside the compressor (it depends on the type).

;)

nova
12-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Dear all,
I want to know difficult of used R134a and CO2 on automobile? what refrigerant is best?
Thanks
Trong Bach

Hi Trong,

If I understood correctly what you ment, here's my opinion. R134 is a standard in new a/c systems. Some manufacturers like Honda has already adopted Co2 a/c's in a production cars. Which one is better? Co2 uses higher pressures (around 80 bars), but on the other hand, it's more efficient than R134a (uses less engine power than current R134a systems). So I'd bet Co2 as a best refrigerant for car a/c's, not as a retrofit refrigerant tho.. oh, and of course CO2 is less harmful to the environment than R134. HFC's are going to be banned, that's for sure.

In a vehicle a/c's R134a has came to its end says my 2 cents... ;)

.. and in near future, Co2 replaces R404A's in transport refrigeration units too...

Regards,
-nova