PDA

View Full Version : A funny situation!

salim
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi everybody;
I was having a funny disturbance last week its a small cooling unit with a compresor for R22,expansino valve for R134a and a filter dryer for R404.anyhow this system was working from the last 2 years.suddenly it stop to work it was forming ice on one side of exp.valve and the evaporator was only wet but not cold was enoung refrigant in the system the sightglass was halffull with liquid but was no flow of refrigant.so i was checking the unit almost 2 hrs but the same no cooling no heating .so what can be the cause?
i was thinking it can be the compreser,but the very next day it was working with 100% result now i just want to know why it was so ?
thanking in advance -salim

Andy
11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody;
I was having a funny disturbance last week its a small cooling unit with a compresor for R22,expansino valve for R134a and a filter dryer for R404.anyhow this system was working from the last 2 years.suddenly it stop to work it was forming ice on one side of exp.valve and the evaporator was only wet but not cold was enoung refrigant in the system the sightglass was halffull with liquid but was no flow of refrigant.so i was checking the unit almost 2 hrs but the same no cooling no heating .so what can be the cause?
i was thinking it can be the compreser,but the very next day it was working with 100% result now i just want to know why it was so ?
thanking in advance -salim

Reduced air flow through the evaporator (fan off or frozen)

Kind Regards Andy:)