PDA

View Full Version : Air Con & Refrigeration Rubbish

gwilliamson
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Chaps
How do you all get rid of carnage. Where i normally work in the south west the local councils are quite happy to pick up old air con/ fridge kit as long as it de gassed etc. However i have some work next week in London and the local council thought i had come from outer space when i asked them about picking up rubbish.! Any thoughts or ideas and costs would be greatly appreciated.

Toolman
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Simple - Get a trailer put rubbish in there and go to the dump or the steel to the scrap metal guy and get some beer money .

Larry2
11-07-2006, 03:58 PM
If it has copper coils, I can't imagine having trouble getting someone to take it.

gwilliamson
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Simple - Get a trailer put rubbish in there and go to the dump or the steel to the scrap metal guy and get some beer money .

I think i am being a bit blonde here. I am talking about a compressor and indoor unit. Does your local tip take these even as commercial rubbish without charge. If they do charge , how much?

Andy W
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
You will be charged for commercial rubbish, no question about it.

rbartlett
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Rubbish removal is the bane of my life. Installs create so much cardboard polystyrene etc that it can be a real mare to get rid of stuff.

Metal can be collected by one of those lot who ride around town in an old flatbed.

I stripped out a load of duct and a big package unit and wondered how on earth I was going to get rid of it in the middle of Fulham road when from out of nowhere he appeared. threw the whole lot onboard, charged me a few quid and was gone.... Like an idiot I simply didn't think to take his mobile number down :-(

We use a company called weymouth disposal (or something similar) who run trips to London collecting fridge kit but it must have a waste certificate..

Cheers

Richard