PDA

View Full Version : Gas re-evaporation system

wizzer
08-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi guys

Most of the commercial cabinets i'm working on have a hot gas re-evaporation system for boiling off the waste water.

First problem i have is, if the tray is full of water with the pipes running through it and no LP switch is fitted how can i be sure when these lines leak that no water has entered the system, i have changed the pipes and drier and given it a good vac, but i'm worried it may go down on moisture at the TEV again.

Any good idea's welcome.
regards Wizzer

djbe
09-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi wizzer,

It is not clear what your exact problem is?

You say "when these lines leak"? Have you fixed any leaks before the vac etc.?

Providing you don't have a leak you won't have a problem.

regards,
djbe.

Dan
09-07-2006, 04:00 AM
First problem i have is, if the tray is full of water with the pipes running through it and no LP switch is fitted how can i be sure when these lines leak that no water has entered the system, i have changed the pipes and drier and given it a good vac, but i'm worried it may go down on moisture at the TEV again.

The discharge line is the pipe you are seeing. It will always be at a positive pressure until things go truly awry. This design is not really a good design, because the water and heat and galvanic forces cause the pipes to leak.

Take the piping out of the drain pan and use an electric condensate evaporator to make the moisture go away.

Temprite
10-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Had one of these leak on an ice cream freezer.

The freezer had been turned off when the leak developed.The next time it was turned on it pushed water through the system.

Had to change the compressor, blew out with dry nitrogen and took days of evacuating to get it to a safe level to commision.

Hardly worth it for a ice cream freezer.

Dan is right, normally they have a positive pressure when the problem is discovered.