PDA

View Full Version : Old hand returning to the business

breadtrk
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Hello! Found this site while researching something for a Burger King fryer I am working on of all things. I was a full time commercial resturant equipment mechanic for 10 yrs but was pulled away by the computer industry and the visions of never laying on the floor of a cook line at lunch time trying to change a TEV in permanent mounted equipment.

After 10 yrs of the easy life, a very good longtime friend has dragged me kicking and screaming back into the biz part time. This looks like a great forum and I look foward to stretching my mind, memory and skills with you guys. I'm very interested to see how much the refer industry has changed in the last 10 yrs. Especially the test equipment. My first purchase with my extra paychecks will be one of the digital gauges of some kind.

Brian_UK
08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
HI and welcome to the forum.

You'll soon find that the knees still hurt at the end of the day ;)

wizzer
09-07-2006, 12:10 AM
If your my age your brain hurts as well.

breadtrk
09-07-2006, 03:34 AM
HI and welcome to the forum.

You'll soon find that the knees still hurt at the end of the day ;)

And neck, arms, eyes, and yes even my brain. I'm still amazed at the changes in the cold side of the business. My old gauges are obsolete, A PT chart is simply a necessity now, no telling what someone has pumped into an older r12 unit.